Validity period: 27/04/2023 – 17/05/2023
Duty Station: Head office
Position: Sales Manager
Department: Marketing Department
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
The Sales Manager will directly support FINCA Uganda’s new business strategy through the direct sales representatives, sales activations and marketing campaigns.This role is a major contributing factor to new business growth and support of new product and service launches and will report to the Head of Marketing.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Take the lead in developing a Sales Strategic and operational plan for FINCA Uganda through segmenting the market as well as developing and implementing measurable Sales KPIs.
- Takes lead on all lead generation activities, conversion and sales promotion activities while working with branch teams and ensures regular reporting from the teams on client increase figures for each branch.
- Develop and implement customer acquisition and retention strategies for FINCA Uganda.
- Takes lead of business campaigns and develops key targets for any given marketing campaign and activations plus successful implementation, coordinates all sales promotions and marketing campaigns for products and special events
- Maintains a close link with branches ,initiatives and implements branch based personal selling, direct marketing and sales promotions to achieve brand awareness and sales growth
- Develop go to market strategies for all products and services (new and existing)
- Support in the development, review & roll out new credit, savings and channels products including the training for branch staff. This will include sales and service skills as well product knowledge and transaction processing skills.
- Forecast sales for institutions new products and services and assist branch staff in setting challenges but realistic volume targets.
- Responsible for training the direct sales team and
- Develop preferred customer list and carry out client visits on corporate customers and accomplish all selling priorities.
- Manage, grow and engage through the social media sites for FINCA Uganda and convert them into a lead generation channel. Generate the website , Social media content and update the digital channels including promoting engagement with the customers on those channels.
Management of people.
- Succession Planning. In cooperation with the HR Department to identify and support development of the High Potential Employees in the Branches.
- Ensure that all branch staff have necessary skills to efficiently perform their jobs. Where there are gaps, define and communicate training needs of staff in the branches to product manager, Chief Operations Officer, and Training Manager.
- Participate as a trainer in leadership, management and key technical trainings of the Branch Staff
- To ensure communication of all key management decisions to all Staff Members in the Region.
Planning and reporting
- Provide monthly reports to Senior Management on the Performance of the lead generation channels and key items that require their attention.
- As a part of the budgeting process, in conjunction with commercial and product heads, develop 12-months Regional Growth Strategy and Expansion Plans based on market potential
- In cooperation with marketing manager, develop and present to Human Resource Managers’ approval of regional staffing plans in line with business targets and supervise execution of the Branch staffing budgets.
- Work closely with the head of marketing and acts in position as and when required to give general oversight on the department’s functions
- Assist head of marketing in reviewing proposals from potential partners and other corporate social responsibility programs
- Work closely with call center to ensure feedback from clients is worked upon and telesales.
Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Sales and Marketing knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Advanced IT skills including use of Excel, Word, email, PowerPoint, databases.
- High level of numeracy.
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Digital Marketing skills(Content generation and Integration)
- Team Player
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources, and present the resulting information in a clear summary.
- Excellent understanding of FINCA Uganda business and the general local financial market.
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills.
- Familiarity in applying different methods of research to obtain accurate data.
- Understand the changing marketing trends online and offline.
Experience And Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a fast paced environment in the financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum qualification).
- Professional qualification and MBA is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 16th May 2023