Job Title: Risk Officer
Reports to: Risk Manager
Purpose: The Risk Officer will support in overseeing risk assessments and mitigations across all NIC functions. The role ensures there is a comprehensive, coordinated and consistent quality in the process to report on key risks and implementation of risk management strategy and influence change to strengthen organization wide accountability.
Key Result Areas
- Support the Risk Manager to develop and execute Risk based Internal Audit Plan. Update this Plan on quarterly basis and share with the Risk Manager.
- Examine, review and assess risk management, governance and control processes and provide innovative best practices to make improvements
- Support the integration of risk management in the operational planning and decision-making processes.
- Support department heads in maintaining and updating the organization’s Risk Register as an active risk management tool.
- Support department heads in developing risk monitoring plan and track implementation of the plan.
- Support the Risk Manager in monitoring implementation of the Terms of Reference (ToR) for Risk Management Committee (RMC)
- Track/monitor implementation of risk monitoring plan.
- Support in strengthening capacity building of staff on risk management (e.g. fraud risk assessment and mitigation), best internal control practices, standards, and governance and NIC Insurance policies.
- Prepare risk dashboard/report to be presented to management and the Board Risk Committee monthly and quarterly respectively.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or any other related course
- Professional qualification (ACCA or CPA)- at least level 2
- Risk Management Certification and CIA is an added advantage
- Three years of working experience in a similar position in a reputable institution.
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS at Ordinary Level (UCE).
Qualified candidates should send through their CVs and copies of academic documents electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is Friday 19th May, 2023 at 5pm.
We are an equal opportunity organization; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.