Our client, Tunga Nutrition Uganda Limited is a joint venture business of Nutreco BV and Unga Group Plc. Established in March 2022, the business distributes animal nutritional products from the parent
companies and is currently building a state-of-the-art animal feed and concentrate production facility at Plot M229, factory close in the Ntinda Industrial area of Kampala, that is due to start operations in
Quarter 3 of 2023. The feed production facility will be tapping into local input supply chains to produce the famous Hendrix brand of concentrates and animal feed.
Tunga Nutrition is recruiting staff to strengthen its operations and if you would like to be part of this exciting new venture, below are the positions we are seeking to fill:
The Finance Manager ensures the formulation and implementation of the F&A strategy of the Operating Company (OpCo in order to ensure the availability and reliability of adequate (financial) information as well as to contribute to the realisation of the business strategy of the OpCo
Key Accountabilities include (not limited to):
• Formulates a financial strategy which results in short and (mid) long term plans for the department and a framework for the key areas of the department.
• Manage the financial accounting, control and administration organization, processes and systems (general ledger, balance sheet, P&L statement, cash (flow)/liquidity management, FX, treasury, local tax regulations, insurances, payroll, etc.).
• Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the company, plans, organizes, co-ordinates and supports the monthly business forecasting process and analyzes to budget.
• Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial financial consequences, and takes care of financial analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure financial awareness in decision making and to minimize financial risks.
• Plans, directs and controls risk-management, supervises and controls the handling of claims, within corporate guidelines, in order to guarantee a balance between the fi nancial (economic)
risks and the costs of insurance
• Ensures the handling of local tax matters, in line with corporate tax guidelines, in order to comply with relevant local tax rules and legislation.
Required Academic qualifications , Skills and Experience
o Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field.
o Fully qualified with ACCA or CPA(U) with seven years post
o Hands-on financial professional, experienced as being Finance responsible for reporting Profit/Loss & Balance sheet within an International Business and/or Accounting Firm.
o Experience with SAP or other recognized ERP system is strongly preferred.
o Excellent IT skills in MS Office
o Strong communication skills – oral and written English
o Enjoys analysing numbers
o Preferably experience within manufacturing industry
o Able to demonstrate Integrity, Honesty & loyalty
o Entrepreneurial self-starter; an ability to take initiatives and get things done.
o A team player with an international, independent, pragmatic, result oriented attitude.
o Comfortable with a small team and end responsibility for financial results (correctness; timeliness)
o Capable working under tight deadlines
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for this position by sending copies of their academic documents, resume and cover letter to the Human Capital Consultant, Inspire Talent by email on email@example.com by 3rd April 2023
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.