Job Title: Administrative Officer & Receptionist
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Application Deadline: 04 May, 2023
About this role
The Administrative Officer and Receptionist is responsible for the smooth running of the reception for FSD Uganda office, and is the first point of contact on all office administration related matters.
1. Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to the FSD Uganda team; aiming to provide a valued support that increases the efficiency of the office:
- Manage office supplies and stationery in an effective manner.
- Deliver a good retrieval system for office suppliers, files, and stationery.
- Support with production, dissemination, and storage of documents.
- Make hotel reservations and organize air travel arrangements for staff, consultants, and board members.
- Support in planning, executing events and validation of workshops; including but not limited to; compiling list of participants, sending out invitations, sending thank you notes, etc.
- Arrange logistics for inhouse meetings and assist the team with meeting preparations.
- Organize staff meetings/ gatherings, take minutes, and follow up on agreed actions.
- Ensure that the office is kept clean, and all office equipment are functional and maintained in accordance with the routine maintenance schedule.
- Ensure effective functioning of office healthy and safety measures.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
2. Procurement Support: Provide logistical and administrative support to the delivery of FSD Uganda procurement function;
- Initiate administration related purchase requisitions and upload received invoices for payments processing;
- Maintain automated dashboards for procurement and administration contracts.
- Maintain a database of contacts for suppliers and act as a first point of reference for office routine maintenance works.
- Follow procurement procedures when receiving goods that are delivered by suppliers; ensuring that the goods obtained meet the quality and price expectations and referring any questions to the manager concerned.
3. Front Desk Handling: Manage an efficient and well-informed front desk; represent the organisation’s brand by ensuring that visitors and all incoming and outgoing communications are handled with maximum efficiency and professionalism
- Ensure that the reception desk is staffed at all times (in particular, making sure that a colleague will cover any absences).
- Ensuring that the visitor reception area, front desk and compound are clean, tidy and attractively arranged at all time.
- Monitor front office equipment (telephones, computer, seating) and ensure it is in good working order at all times (includes scheduling regular maintenance).
- Receive visitors and incoming communications cheerfully and efficiently; deal with any client, staff, visitor, and consultant requests, immediately if possible, referring to relevant personnel when necessary.
- Ensure efficient processing of courier deliveries, mail, receipt of clients, documents, and correspondence.
Specifications For the Role
- A bachelor’s degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Procurement, Human Resources Management from a reputable institution.
- A post graduate qualification in any relevant field would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience, at least 1 of which should be in the office administration role.
- Good track record in relationship management and stakeholder coordination involving, staff, consultants, and strategic partners.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior and middle management teams. Would be an added advantage.
- Good organization, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Critical Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Basic Computer skills in excel spreadsheet/ word documentation.
Behavioural Competencies or Character:
- Initiative & Decisiveness – Level 1
- Innovation & Value Addition – Level 1
- Drive for Results – Level 1
- Relationship Building – Level 1
- Communication & Influencing for Impact – Level 1
- Thought Leadership – Level 1
- Learning & Resourcefulness – Level 1
Application procedure: Email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – The email subject line should be; Application for the Administrative Officer & Receptionist Position.