The Procurement Officer shall provide procurement support in all IDI procurement functions including both local and international purchases, covering a range of requirements from medical drugs, laboratory equipment and supplies, office supplies; IT related requirements, renovations, and service agreements among others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Procurement Officer will provide Procurement support services in all IDI procurement functions in accordance with IDI procurement procedures
- Support in the preparation of specifications, terms of reference & statement of requirements in liaison with user departments.
- Preparing and issuing Request for quotations or Request for Proposals
- Initiate the evaluation of quotes and responses to bids and make appropriate recommendations to the procurement committee and users.
- In liaise with stores staff, verify the delivered items for completeness of requested quantities and compliance with quality specifications.
- Ensure safe custody and systematic filing of purchase orders, agreements and all relevant records.
- Monitors contractor/vendor performance to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.
- Present evaluation reports to the Procurement Committee for consideration and award.
- Take minutes of the procurement committee and secure approvals from respective approving authorities for the needs handled.
- Prepare Purchase orders and agreements for the respective suppliers/providers using the available ERPs.
- Work with the IDI managers and staff as part of an effective and collegial team to achieve IDI goals and objectives
- In Liaison with the finance team, follow up vendor invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Carry out any other assignments as may be allocated by the supervisor.
Essential Educational requirements:
- A University degree in Procurement & Supply chain management, Business Administration or any related field from a recognized institution.
- A professional qualification in the relevant field of Supply chain management for example CIPS.
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy reputable organization.
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under minimum supervision
- Computer skills in MS office and Navision ERP shall be an added advantage