Job Field: Research & Assessment
We are currently looking for a Senior Assessment Officer to support our team in Uganda.
The Senior Assessment Officer will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of UNHCR’s Results Monitoring Survey (RMS) in Uganda. The RMS is UNHCR’s method for monitoring the impact of their activities across countries. In Uganda, the RMS was piloted last year, also with support from IMPACT Initiatives. This year, the RMS will be collected again. The Senior Assessment Officer will be responsible for liaising with UNHCR, updating and tailoring the tool to the context, working with the data and field teams to implement the data collection, overseeing the analysis, and writing the report and lessons learned. The position will fall under the supervision of the IMPACT Country Coordinator and IMPACT HQ in Geneva. The candidate should be comfortable representing IMPACT with external humanitarian partners.
This position requires an analytical mind, creativity, independence, and an interest in the Ugandan context. Candidates should have strong writing and presentation skills and be able to clearly think through and articulate implications of research findings. The position will regularly require looking at data, pulling out relevant findings, writing engaging briefs and factsheets, presenting findings to external audiences with varying amounts of data literacy, and guiding colleagues in how to think more analytically about their own research.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, salary between 2’580 CHF and 2’640 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff. A location-dependent security and/or isolation adjustment is then applied as a recognition that some staff are required to work in difficult places where living and working conditions are much more difficult than elsewhere.
- Accommodation and food provided in the guesthouse.
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance.
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered (in-country travel costs and professional expenses are fully covered).
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: between 20 and 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract (+ luggage and personal property insurance)
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment. Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’s HQ in Geneva + one week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- IMPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fees.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via email@example.com