Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a National Non-Government Organization that was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to supporting and caring for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Its vision is to have “Healthy Children living in a peaceful world of Opportunity “and its mission is “Shriving to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and youth for them to survive and thrive.”
UWESO seeks to recruit competent, highly motivated, and committed individuals to fill the position of:
Driver on Call (2 positions)
Responsible for facilitating Uweso Staff to the field for activity implementation as per the approved travel plans.
He/he will be responsible for vehicle maintenance and fuel accountability.
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Location: The position is based in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Uweso staff and other authorized persons to and from various points.
- Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving.
- Maintain proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Conduct daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of the organization.
- Deliver and collect mails and other documents to and from various offices as required.
- Pick and deliver UWESO visitors and any other staff who is authorized to travel in the UWESO vehicle.
- Monthly reporting of the Usage and condition Of the veichle.
- Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentially of UWESO information at all times while executing duties
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A clean and Valid Driving Permit for classes preferably CM and DL.
- Certificate of Motor Vehicle Mechanics from a recognized School
- Certificate in Defensive Driving.
- Five years driving Experience with donor funded organization
- Computer Literacy and Documentation Skills are a must Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
1. Click on the link to fill in the form: FORM LINK
2. Send merged copies of your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All documents should be sent as a single pdf document (not more than 5MB)
Deadline: December 20th, 2023 not later than 5 pm