Job Category: PRODUCTION
Job Type: full time
Job Location: Mpererwe- Tula, Uganda
Deadline: 07 Dec 2023
Responsible for ensuring all products produced meet the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. The online QC officer will display good testing skills and an understanding of basic chemical principles and fundamental analytical chemistry theories. She/he will operate and maintain instrumentation, define and measure quality metrics and report results in an appropriate manner. He/she will participate with senior personnel in refining current techniques, troubleshooting problems and documenting processes, procedures and results. He/she shall be impartial when carrying out testing activities and ensure information is kept confidential.
- Conduct all online tests on products and inspection of materials, using the necessary tools to ensure all parameters meet requirements.
- Prepare and maintain documents to conform to suitable regulatory requirements and timely reporting
- In liaison with the QC team leader/Supervisor, troubleshoot online process activities to maintain quality and food safety, in conjunction with process owners.
- Prepare and assist the QC team leader/Supervisor in preparing quality reports.
- Participate in review and implementation of improvement programs regarding quality and food safety management system and its documentation, particularly HACCP system to ensure effectiveness
- Keep up to date with all related quality legislation and compliance issues
- Ensure GMPs/GHPs are effectively implemented throughout the company in liaison with the GMP/GHP Supervisor.
- Daily monitoring of facility and environmental conditions to ensure validity of results.
- In liaison with the QC team leader/Supervisor, communicate any critical compliance risks/non-conformances noted from online activities to senior management (QC/A)
- Assist team leader/supervisor to investigate non-conforming results and establish appropriate corrective actions.
- Assist team leader in investigating customer complaints and implementation of corrective actions
- Contribute to development, modification of work instructions, procedures, protocol, as well as verification and validation of analytical methods.
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of results
- Result recording and stock releasing in SAP
- Implement documented control measures to prevent occurrence of impartiality and quality laboratory risks
- Assist in assuring ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Evaluate online quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints and report any deviations to line Supervisor.
- Assist in compiling and preparing materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Utilize guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and interpret for guidance.
- Assist in coordinating and supporting internal audits and audits conducted by third parties
- Participate in root cause analyses and implement preventive and corrective action plans
- Ensure a safe working environment and ensure availability of environmentally friendly practices in conformance to local and national regulations.
- Perform any other task as per management request.
- A bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Laboratory Sciences, Chemistry, Food Science and Technology, or any other related discipline from a recognized university. OR,
- A Diploma in the above areas with previous experience in a similar position
- A minimum of one year of experience in similar role.
- Familiar with Beverage production or any manufacturing process.
- Familiar with basics of laboratory testing and basic test related to beverages.
- Have strong analytical and comprehension skills.
- Good in report writing and computer skills.
- Training in Food Safety and Hygiene handling techniques
- Basic knowledge in management system implementation (ISO 9001, FSMS 22000 &/ or 17025 in particular)