Job Category: PRODUCTION
Job Type: full time
Job Location: Mpererwe- Tula, Uganda
Deadline: 12 Dec 2023
The Quality Control Manager (QCM) is responsible for the direct management and leadership for the Quality Control department and Laboratories. He/she is responsible for the proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management in these areas to ensure expected goals are met.
As a leading manufacturing company, Hariss International Limited is dedicated to providing customers with high quality products. Alongside that, we are also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
The QCM will find himself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that is challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. QCM will be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It is a chance to use his/her knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve ambitions – all while delivering the best foods and drinks that enrich people’s lives now and for generations to come. That way our business can augment customer satisfaction and achieve sustainable growth.
- Help Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Team Leader to ensure that the FSMS is established, implemented, maintained, and updated.
- Help QMR to ensure QMS and Laboratory systems are established, implemented, maintained, and updated.
- Help QAM in Preparation for all Company Quality Audits, ISO audits and respond to issues.
- Provide a strong presence on the manufacturing floor to assure compliance to process controls and to support operations.
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, and sampling and sanitation activities.
- Track, analyze, and lead initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues.
- Help QAM in Authorization of all test reports upon verification and take actions as may require.
- Help QAM to Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of laboratory/testing supplies.
- Monitor the performance and competencies of plant Quality control and Lab staff and provide leadership, coaching and development as needed.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to Quality control Department and Laboratories.
- Together with QAM Evaluate and introduce new equipment and methodologies to keep laboratory performance up to date.
- Monitor all online quality related activities and to ensure all the products are being produced as per set standards by Quality assurance section.
- May serve as plant representative for regional quality forums and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, laboratory sciences, chemistry and, food science and technology or related field, Masters preferred.
- Five or more years of Quality experience with one or more years of QA management experience within consumer products, specifically beverage, food or other clean manufacturing
- Production lines inspection experience.
- Knowledge of ISO requirements and audits.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint.
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders & employees.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives.
- Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture.
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up.
- Ability to provide afterhours support to a 24 X 7 operation for critical issues.
- Self-directed with high integrity and the maturity to be an effective manager.
- Ability to think at a strategic level.
- Ability to drive and deliver set results.
- Ability to identify and provide learning opportunities that enable others to reach their full potential.
- Ability to work with and through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to pursue high standards of excellence in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Ability to take initiative.