POSITION: Animal Nutrition Sales Representative (3 vacancies)
REPORTS TO: Head of Animal Feed
DEPARTMENT: Animal Feed
The Animal Nutrition Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of animal feed products as well as provide during and after sales animal nutrition technical advise and support to the customers.
The applicant is also required to build a sustainable customer base by developing and executing a route to market sales strategy designed to increase market share and create brand awareness in the designated territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provide animal nutrition technical support and guidance to customers during farm visits and in trainings as well as recommend solutions that will be profitable to both the customer and company.
2) Submit weekly performance reports on actual sales against expected targets in line with the key performance indicators.
3) Establish and effect a clear product sales plan hinged on demand creation and continuous volume growth
4) Carry out diligent credit management practices by performing thorough creditworthy analysis and regular follow up on receivables
5) Assist the Head of Animal Feed to measure supplier performance on key performance indicators
6) Comply and keep up to date on local feed regulations and changes
7) Develop effective customer feeding programs to support healthy animal performance
8) Perform any other duties may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Agri-business or related field is strongly desired.
In addition, he or she must have good sales experience and a minimum of 2 years work experience in animal farming particularly livestock and/or poultry in a nutrition advisory capacity.
The potential candidate must possess sound knowledge of livestock production and management, with a thorough understanding of the local industry. He or she must have extensive experience in livestock and/or poultry feeding programs and also know how to use the feed formulation software (Bestmix etc.).
In addition, the ideal candidate must have the ability to evaluate opportunity ingredients with the feed formulation team, possess technical experience in the use of animal feed formulation software, identify and troubleshoot changes in animal performance and record and communicate customer results.
The potential candidate must exhibit professionalism and adept time, relationship and financial management skills; have solid business acumen, aptitude for technology and be results oriented. He or she must be flexible for field travel for on-farm interactions or producer facilities and also be able to communicate in English and Luganda and be comfortable in public speaking.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their Job Applications (addressed to the Human Resource Manager), attached with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and
copies of stamped salary pay-slips for the months of March, April and May 2023 to Recruitment@grainpulse.co.ug by close of business, Friday, 2nd June 2023.
NB: Please note that presentation of false information/documents will lead to criminal prosecution.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.