Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Yumbe
Reports to: Head of Finance with dotted line to Area manager on day-to-day operations.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda
The Finance and Support Manger, under the supervision of the Head of Finance in close collaboration with the Area Manager in West Nile is responsible for effective, efficient, and transparent financial management of programme in the field. Implement donor requirements, DanChurchAid accounting policies and the local government laws. Member of field management team, provides leadership role and capacity development to field finance staff, maintain close communication with the programme and other support units for smooth operation of the field offices.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the overall field finance function, enforces donor requirements, DanChurchAid accounting policy and local regulations.
- Create an environment that enhances capacity development and motivation, build strong and united field finance team able to deliver and build the capacity of local partners.
- Work in collaboration with the programme teams, monitor and identify project financial challenges and take lead to provide guidance for the achievement of projects objectives.
- Supervise the performance of the field finance staff, ensure assets and liabilities accounts are reconciled, up to date books of accounts are kept, quality reports prepared, donor verification, external audit reports and support in project planning.
- Take the lead to communicate, inform, or explain, innovations, donor new requirements and DanChurchAid accounting policy to the programme, field finance team and other field staff.
- With support from the Head of Humanitarian Operations and Head of Finance, build a network with other external stakeholders such and banks and services to address any payment issues.
- Engage the project managers through periodic budget monitoring and discussion, conduct field activities monitoring and provides advisory services to the programme and support units.
- Collaborate with the finance team at Kampala Head Office, with direct support from the Head of Finance, develop office and new project proposal budgets, prepare donor reports.
- Thoroughly review all supporting documents for correctness, compliance before approving and posting vouchers in the system.
- Review and verify that all the assets and liabilities accounts are prepared and uploaded on the intranet within the required timeline.
- Periodically monitor and review project expenses, generate budget versus actuals for discussion with the project managers for corrective actions.
- Support the field team in the preparation of donor reports, development of office, new project proposal budgets and participate in yearend project closures.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, B’COM (Accounting), BBA(Accounting), and preferably- CPA/ACCA and MBA an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in similar managerial position with INGO.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to motivate, organize, work with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time, pay attention to details, strong analytical skills and meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the Maconomy systems Accounting software is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual. All suitable, qualified, and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through this link: National vacancies (danchurchaid.org)
Deadline for Applying: 13th /March/2023.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy. While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.