Position Number: MUWRP/09/11/2022
Position Title: Research Nurse (07) Positions
Position Location: Mukono General Hospital (4) & Kampala (3)-Please specify location preference location
Contract Tenure: 6 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position summary: The candidate will serve as a Research Nurse for the Makerere University / Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) clinical trial at the Mukono General Hospital study site and MUWRP Research Clinic Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruitment of volunteers
2. Administering HIV testing and counseling
3. Administering Informed Consent.
4. Administering questionnaires
5. Collection of study specimens
6. Compliance with study procedures and GCP standards
7. Ensure participant safety and confidentiality.
8. Following approved Standard Operating Procedures
Required Education, Knowledge and experience:
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
2. At least 2 year of post-qualification professional experience
3. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training.
4. Previous work in a research environment is added advantage
1. Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Ability to work on own initiative.
4. Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
5. Good interpersonal/communication skills
6. Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda
Supervisory Controls: The individual will serve under the immediate supervision of the Senior Research Nurse
Physical ability: The ability to travel within the work site and field stations.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to job openings in MUWRP’s career portal below. Open Job Description and ClickApply Now.
- Please note that only applications received through the MUWRP career portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.