Position Number: MUWRP/06/11/2022
Position Title: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer (5) Position
Position Location: Mukono General Hospital (3) & Kampala (2)-Please specify location preference location
Contract Tenure: 6 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position Summary: The candidate will be responsible for maintaining QC/QA activities for the Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP), Clinical trial at the Mukono General Hospital study site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with all site study staff and the PI to ensure that study activities and processes are conducted as per protocol and related SOPs
- Ensure that CRFs are correctly, accurately and promptly filled by the clinic research team before presentation for data entry
- Evaluate and respond to quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints as they arise in real time
- Keep up to date with all related quality and research ethics legislation and compliance issues
- To work with the Regulatory office to review (QC) participant-facing materials and translations prior to IRB submissions (both English and translated material)
- Establish and document internal quality assurance and quality control processes/procedures.
- Utilize guidance documents (SOPs, MOPs, research protocol, etc.), local and international standards, or consensus standards to support the research teams to conduct all research procedures as expected.
- Conduct the day to day quality control reviews and promptly communicate the findings to the appropriate stakeholders
- Communicate any critical compliance risks noted from these activities to the Principle Investigator and or study coordinator and the study team.
- Prepare weekly QC/QA updates for discussion in the weekly research meetings.
- Identify and coordinate the resolution of data queries as they happen
- Determine relevant data quality training requirements and assist with staff training
- Work with the study team to ensure quality data for all conducted research and address any queries or data anomalies with relevant staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor/designee.
Required Education, Knowledge and experience:
Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or a health-related field.
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance in a research setting.
Good writing and presentation skills
Good interpersonal skills
Strong leadership and communication skills.
Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Have a fair working knowledge of quality assurance and control procedures, regulations as they relate to medical research.
Possesses the ability to train all levels of staff in Quality Control/Assurance
Skills and Specifications
Ability to work in teams, motivate, influence data staff and manage time and projects.
Organizational, planning, research and problem-solving skills.
Must be detail-oriented and understand the importance and benefits of data quality.
Strong written and verbal communication skills to present findings and recommendations
Ability to work as a part of a team and interact with data users and managers
Strong statistical and numerical ability
Possess technical skills necessary to work with computer systems such as knowledge of office software such as Microsoft word, excel and access.
Supervisory Controls: The individual will serve under the immediate supervision of the QA/QC Coordinator.
Physical ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means as deemed appropriate.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to job openings in MUWRP’s career portal below. Open Job Description and ClickApply Now.
- Please note that only applications received through the MUWRP career portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.