Position Number: MUWRP/07/11/2022
Position Title: Phlebotomist (3) Positions
Position Location: Mukono General Hospital.
Contract Tenure: 6 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position summary: The candidate will serve as a Phlebotomist for MUWRP trial at Mukono General Hospital
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for collection of study and clinical specimens from study participants
2. Provide adequate explanation of sample collection procedures to participants prior to collection
3. Responsible for correct identification of participant by reviewing their documents
4. Responsible for accurate labeling of specimen vials matched to participant.
5. Prepare accurately labelled specimens for transportation to the laboratory for analysis
6. Conduct Point of care tests, interpret and document results for the study doctors
7. Ordering supplies as needed and maintaining accurate records of such supplies
8. Attention to cleanliness of work area, maintain infection control procedures and maintenance of equipment at the station.
Required Education and Knowledge and experience:
1. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques
2. 2 years working experience
3. GCP/GCLP training
4. Good interpersonal/communications skills.
5. Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda.
6. Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
7. Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously
8. Demonstrated experience working as a phlebotomist
9. Experience of working in a research setting will be an added advantage.
Supervisory Controls: The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Research Manager/Designee.
Physical Ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The incumbent should have ability to travel to and from work and the Project’s collaborative sites in if necessary. The incumbent is also expected to able to sit for extended periods of time.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to job openings in MUWRP’s career portal below. Open Job Description and ClickApply Now.
- Please note that only applications received through the MUWRP career portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.