Responsible for coordinating vehicle movement plans to ensure the efficient movement of MTI assets, patients and personnel as required by various MTI departments. Provides planning, support and advice to those making procurement requests and ensures that all assets are timely and accurately tracked. Act as focal person for coordination of all construction works within area of operation.
- Works with supervisor to ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Assures all MTI procurement follows MTI and relevant donor procurement policy, procedures, and thresholds.
- Coordinates, manages, and support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset, and fleet management in the operation. Apply distribution control techniques to optimize stock levels
- Ensures that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and recorded appropriately and archived.
- Manages contracts entered with vendors and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation. Ensure timely vendor payment by submitting all required documentation in timely manner.
- Perform any other procurement related duties as & when assigned.
- Fleet Management
- Responsible for ensuring the ethical use of vehicles and assets in accordance to MTI and donor policies including appropriate fuel consumption monitoring, movement planning, adherence to road and security regulations etc
- Responsible for tracking the regional fleet budget and submitting for review by supervisor
- Support Drivers in the fueling process in accordance with MTI procedures.
- Instruct staff on travel request procedures and ensure requests are made in accordance with MTI policies.
- Regularly conduct spot checks of vehicles and ensure Drivers are carrying out required vehicle maintenance checks in accordance with MTI and donor policy.
- Review vehicle mileage logs submitted by Drivers to ensure comprehensive records and accuracy; maintain up to date files.
- Compile vehicle file information and maintenance schedules
- Conduct condition assessment on vehicles and plan to support the Fleet Coordinator in decisions on sale, purchase, disposal and insurance needs
- Verify that Drivers adhere to all safety procedures to ensure that vehicles are in optimal condition for the safe transport of personnel and goods.
- Utilize GPS system to track vehicles location and analyze data to determine best movement patterns and use of resources.
- Identify and report any fleet risks to line Manager for action in a timely manner.
- Construction Management
- In coordination with the Construction officer, support planning for construction inception, implementation, and closer activities
- Coordinate construction works approval process with stakeholders especially DLG
- Ensures construction files are updated on a monthly basis and provide regular progress reports to the construction officer
- Plan and participate in joint monitoring visits for construction sites and timely share reports with line manager
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field is required
- Post graduate qualification in related discipline is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics management (Fleet, assets and Procurement Management)
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of inventory, fleet, assets, procurement & construction management
- In-depth knowledge of NGO reporting and accounting as related to inventory and asset management
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems
- Skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory logistics
- High degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentations
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to learn about medicine management and cold chain management
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security of store goods
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.