DUTY STATION: Nakivale, UG
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SALARY SCALE: 1.9M-2M Gross
DEADLINE: May 31, 2022 05:00 PM
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1AGE LIMIT: Not SpecifiedHello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Warehouse Officer for our program in Uganda to be based at Nakivale Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Technically reporting to the Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator and Administratively to the Team Leader, the Ware House Officer will be the overall stores & logistics Focal point person as he or she plans and provides logistics support for to the ALIGHT program in Nakivale. The major logistics processes include distribution, material management, stores management as well as fuels and vehicle management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the entire fleet and ensure proper management of ALIGHT fleet within the site.
- Develop and maintain an updated schedule of motor comprehensive insurance for all vehicles, share with the Programme Manager and Country Office the notices of renewal of insurance stickers of vehicles one month prior to expiry.
- Liaise with Drivers and the Programme Manager in the Field Office to ensure that vehicles are in good running condition by ensuring that genuine & correct spare parts are procured when needed, repairs are done as per specifications and that periodic & scheduled vehicle maintenance service is carried out for all vehicles.
- Prepare the monthly Fleet KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country Office by 3rd of every month.
- Prepare field fuel monthly requests for replenishment and submit to the country office for processing.
- Prepare monthly fleet management reports and submit them to the Programme Manager.
- Plan, coordinate and manage weekly vehicle movements within and outside your field office to ensure efficient use of the vehicle resource utilization.
- Ensure that Drivers fill in log books and any other vehicle documents appropriately.
- Prepare incident reports for any accidents that may occur within 24 hours and report to Uganda Police any incident of accidents
- Spearhead the request of None Food Items (NFIs) and core relief items (CRIs) from UNHCR and oversee the distribution of the same to the POCs.
- Compile and submit distribution quality and comprehensive distribution reports after every distribution cycle.
- Verify shipping documents, specifications, quantities and qualities of goods for receipt, storage and prepare dispatch of goods against approved stores requisition forms
- Track supplies delivered by the suppliers to the field site to ensure that the appropriate documentation i.e. waybills are submitted to Country office.
- Prepare the monthly Warehouse KPI tracking report in a timely manner and submit this to the Country office by 3rd of every month.
- Ensure the security and safety of all items in the stores.
- Maintain proper and updated stores documentation (stock cards, bin cards, packing lists, waybills).
- Carry out monthly stock taking in presence of independent observers and share the signed report with the Team Leader and Country office.
- Update both the Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator and the Team Leader on any security incidences as they occur.
- Manage and supervise all staff reporting to you.
- Manage performance of all staff reporting to you.
- Building capacity of all staff in your location in relation to Operations management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or similar degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the field of program and/or Logistics and Operations in an International relief organization.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven report writing skills.
- Practical experience in strategic procurement and the management of contractual relationships and performance outcomes including the tender processes.
- Experience working with a diverse staff and confronting challenging field situations.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Work experience in a complex emergency setting preferred.