Closing Date: 2023/02/03
Reference Number: CCB230123-6
Job Title: Syrup Room Assistant
Job Category: Manufacturing
Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Uganda
Job Type: Permanent
Location – Country: Uganda
Location – Province: Not Applicable
Location – Town / City: Mbarara
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa /CCBA is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. Coca-Cola Beverages Uganda /CCBU is a subsidiary of CCBA, and we are currently seeking to recruit a Syrup Room Assistant based in Mbarara.
Asa Syrup Room Assistant, you will report directly to the Process Operator-Syrup Room.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Operating the process area according to the work instructions and adhering to usage standards.
- Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analysis work practice.
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles, and following safe work practices.
- Identifying and correcting unsafe work practices.
- Assisting fellow team members in the execution of their tasks.
- Carrying out quality checks and analysis as per the quality procedures.
- Pick Beverage concentrates and bases in-store as directed by the process operator.
- Actively participating in shift meetings, asking questions, and contributing suggestions.
- Making use of the gap list to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities.
- Making use of relevant communication media (e.g., shift handover books) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Applying the appropriate situational problem-solving techniques (e.g., 5Why, quick fix routines, OPLs (One Point Lessons), etc.) to identify and correct the problem.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: Diploma in Food Science, industrial chemistry, or any other related field
- Added advantage: Computer and technical skills
- All aspects of Food processing operations and process control
- Ability to work in teams
- Understanding of the application of WCM foundational practices
- Troubleshooting skills
- Quality control practices and principles
- Bottling principles and processes
- Product handling knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Understanding of SHEQ policies and procedures