Position Number: MUWRP/12/11/2022
Position Title: Program Officer – HIV Counseling and Testing Services (1) Position
Position Location: Kayunga
Contract Tenure: 1 Year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position summary: The Program Officer – HTS main responsibility will be to coordinate and oversee MUWRP PEPFAR program support to provision of the HIV Testing Services (HTS) package. This will include; HTS demand creation and linkage to care and treatment; adoption of new testing diagnostics methods and innovations to improve HIV case identification especially for the hard to reach/hard to find sub populations, site support to meet HTS accreditation and site/tester certification requirements and coordination of all HTS providers in MUWRP catchment area to ensure targeted testing for improved case finding and effective utilization of testing kits. H/She will work with teams to provide technical guidance for improvement of the HTS program as aligned to MoH and PEPFAR strategies and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in the COP planning process, program workplan and budget development.
2. Participate in program target setting and redistribution for proper planning, implementation and monitoring.
3. Provide technical guidance to the program sub grantees for annual and activity work plans and budget development.
Capacity Building and Technical assistance
1. Coordinate/ participate in capacity building for district, health facility and sub grantee teams through organizing; CMEs, cross learning sessions; on job/off site trainings, coaching and mentorship to facilitate effective clinical management for clients in care.
2. Contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives for the HIV and Testing program through development of; capacity building plans to address identified needs, training strategies and materials.
1. Implement HIV counselling and testing related activities as detailed in the approved annual PEPFAR program workplan
2. Provide appropriate technical and supervisory support to facilities and program sub grantees for effective implementation of the HIV counselling and testing program and strengthened bi directional referrals.
3. Strengthen index client testing within supported facilities through APN, OVC platform and social Network testing initiatives.
4. Coordinate with the relevant district technical teams and implementing partners to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
5. Collaborate with the District, MOH/ACP and other relevant ministry technical teams to provide technical assistance in planning, implementing, and monitoring the QI interventions aimed at improving the quality of the HTS program.
6. Represent MUWRP in related external engagements such as meetings, workshops, TWGs, IHPT/MHRP calls
7. Identify quality gaps and brings these to the attention of the Lab Quality management officer to ensure that all testers are enrolled on the proficiency testing program and remedial action for testers that fail
Program monitoring and reporting
1. Contribute to the development of program data collection and reporting tool and program indicators aligned with the MUWRP and PEPFAR program goals and objectives.
2. Support the periodic collection of accurate, consistent and timely programmatic data as may be required by MoH/ PEPFAR/IHPT/HJF/MUWRP and support adhoc and scheduled reporting
3. Participate in periodic performance reviews with facility/ sub grantee teams for improved performance monitoring
4. Participate in the planning and conduct of data/service quality assessments and other evaluations as may be required.
5. Participate in SIMS assessment visits and follow up remediation as is required
Knowledge sharing and learning
1. Identify, document, disseminate, adapt and scale up best practices and innovations in HIV Counselling and Testing program.
Required Education and Knowledge and experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social sciences or another relevant field.
2. Master’s degree in Public health from a recognized University is an added advantage. Diploma in HIV Counselling is added advantage.
3. minimum of 3 years’ working experience of implementing HIV prevention programs
Certification and Licensing:
1. Additional training in Consolidated guidelines for the prevention and Treatment of HIV and AIDS in Uganda will be an added advantage.
2. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
3. Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve set goals.
4. Ability to meet very tight deadlines.
Supervisory Controls: The job holder will serve under the supervision of Technical Advisor – HIV Counseling and Testing Services.
1. Ability to permanently reside in Kayunga
2. Ability to frequently travel to the MUWRP PEPFAR supported sites in Kayunga, Mukono, Buikwe and Buvuma Islands.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to job openings in MUWRP’s career portal below. Open Job Description and ClickApply Now.
- Please note that only applications received through the MUWRP career portal will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.