TREAT Child alcoholism use Disorder (CAUD) in Eastern Uganda is a four year inter institutional project between Makerere University School of Public Health, Center for International Health, University of Bergen, The Norwegian University of science and Technology, University of Oslo and NKVST Norwegian Center for Violence and Trauma Stress.
This project will investigate the magnitude of child alcoholism and relevant health system, household, community, school system and clinical factors associated with the problem and suggest scalable changes in the health system for screening, diagnostic and treatment procedures in Uganda.
The scientific team, therefore, seeks to recruit responsible, qualified, and competent individuals who can work with minimum supervision to join its team as Data Manager and as Statistician to support the data cleaning process for a period of 3 months.
2.0. Statistician – 1 Position
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Period: Short-term contract
Summary of Responsibilities:
• In liaison with the TREAT CAUD project Coordinator and other key relevant experts, design and establish a comprehensive and centralized statistical analysis plan.
• Complete the data cleaning process including merging the variables from the household listing with the current dataset of those that were sampled to participate in the survey.
• Establish and lead the operationalization of standard operating procedures for data compilation and production of official statistics in consultation with the PI and the Project coordinator.
• Address data analysis requests from PhD and Master students and the project team and work with all the PhD students to produce tangible results.
• Translate analysis requests into a list of required datasets and schedule for their acquisition, processing, describing and cataloguing.
• Ensure that data sharing agreements are adhered to between data users on the project.
• Formulate and implement techniques to assess the accuracy and validity of data.
• Enforce policies for ensuring data security to prevent security breaches and data cleaning and analysis teams with the assistance from project leads per the requirement.
• Develop syntax files in STATA/or SPSS to prepare and edit data ready for analysis as per the analysis plan.
Minimum qualification and experience
Bachelors’ degree in Statistics. A master’s degree in a related field and training in quantitative
data analysis will be an added advantage. Must have prior experience in statistical data analysis.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications with the current CV to email@example.com , stating two referees and their contacts not later than Friday, March 24th, 2023, 5.00 pm.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted