The Strong Cities Network (SCN) is seeking to hire a Consultant to aid in its national-local cooperation (NLC) efforts in Uganda focused on facilitating the implementation of the Global Counterterrorism Forum’s Memorandum on Good Practices on Strengthening National-Local Coordination in P/CVE.
Working with the SCN team and in close consultation with relevant partners, the Consultant will conduct a detailed mapping and analysis of NLC capabilities in Uganda and should be informed by coordinating in-person and virtual interviews with relevant national and local government officials, civil society organisations, academia and independent researchers, as well as desk research. The Consultant will work under a Project Manager on the SCN and will work closely with SCN staff to support with contacts and outreach when necessary.
The draft mapping report will inform national-local dialogue sessions to be held at a future date in Uganda, with the final report incorporating relevant insights and information shared during the workshop.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and solutions-focused professional with the ability to work to deadline and produce outputs to a high quality. We welcome applications from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- At least seven years’ experience in designing and conducting field-based research on preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) or related issues involving stakeholders from both national and local levels and government and non-governmental actors
- Familiarity with P/CVE actors in Uganda
- Swahili and English speaker with excellent verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of national P/CVE strategies, policies, programmes and priorities
- Experience in using various qualitative research tools
- Highly organised with the ability to be flexible, multitask and respond proactively
- An understanding of and commitment to SCN’s core mission
- Intercultural and interpersonal awareness
- Previous experience working with national government, civil society and/or international organisations in Uganda
- Experience in conducting field research
Please submit your application by Monday 23rd May 2022 @ 09:00 BST including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date.
If you have any further questions about this vacancy or want to speak to a member of our recruitment team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.