|Location :||Kampala, UGANDA|
|Application Deadline :||25-May-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 Months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 Months|
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries’ efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peacebuilding
- Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Intern ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in CO. The Procurement Intern promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Intern works in close collaboration with the operations programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the registration of new vendors;
- Assisting in contacting vendors and supporting them in the finalization of their request;
- Assisting in managing vendor databases;
- Sending communications to vendors;
- Support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Procurement Plans, monitor progress and make suggestions for overcoming bottlenecks;
- Assist with the preparation of documents and implementation of the document/file management system;
- Conduct research on best practices and potential solutions to identified issues;
- Support in preparation of the procurement plans for the office and Projects and their implementation monitoring;
- Participating in team meeting;
- Conducting research on best practices and potential solutions to identified issues;
- Preparing reports and statistics; and
- Other related initiatives and activities
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent studies.
Field of study: Procurement or Logistics and Supply Chain, Law, Economics or equivalent