- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Kampala
- Position Title:
- Warehouse worker
- Open Period:
- 01/19/2023 – 01/25/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0805 2
- UGX Ush26,771,244
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is CC. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
All interest applicants. all sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
This standard job description is for a Warehouse Worker who is responsible for safe handling, moving and storage, and inventory of both expendable and non-expendable items. The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Non-Expendables Storekeeper.
Warehouse Operations and Maintenance 70%
- Job holder performs loading and unloading of both expendable and non-expendable including but not limited to furniture, appliances, etc. from trucks/vans to the warehouse(s). Assists in organizing, preparation and the delivery of items from the warehouse to office buildings, residential properties, and other locations.
- Operates forklifts, trolleys and other electrical or mechanical equipment to safely move and transport heavy items.
- Assists in packing, unpacking and delivery of welcome kits to the new arrivals as directed by the supervisor. Organizes and distributes expendable supplies to customers and various sections as required.
- Performs maintenance and housekeeping duties towards warehouse(s) such as cleaning, polishing, dusting to ensure cleanliness and security of the storage areas. Conducts safety inspection of the warehouse and equipment to notify the supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433. Incumbent is expected to pick up and deliver supplies, as needed.
- Keeps log of incoming and outgoing warehouse items to assists with the inventory control.
- Conducts annual inventory to help ensure that all items are stored properly, no theft has accrued, no safety or fire hazards exist.
- Conduct individual inventories of residences and inspect items to ensure that no theft or damage of the embassy property has accrued. Identifies and reports damaged or missing items for replacement.
- Assists in arranging items for sale or disposal.
Other Duties Assigned 10%
- Provides manual assistance during visits and/or events such as setting up of control rooms, safeguarding property, tracking of items and equipment etc.
- Escorts visitors, outside contractors and non-cleared employees at post when required.
- May be required to provide manual labor assistance to any of the sections or offices as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in manual labor or warehouse work is required.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of primary school is required
- LANGUAGE: English level I (Rudimentary knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required. Luganda level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to physically able perform loading and unloading. Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently. Must be able to able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
- Must have a valid, current Class B driver’s license. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Academic documents
• Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.