JOB OPPORTUNITY: Telecom implementation Supervisor
Swift Minds: is a fully fledged consultancy firm based in Kampala, Uganda that provides cutting edge
talent solutions to our clients in Various sectors including Agriculture, Telecommunication,
Construction, Manufacturing, Mining, Banking, Oil and Gas and the services sector.
Our services include: Recruitment, Payroll Management, Outsourcing, capacity development
and Management Consulting:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Telecom implementation Supervisor will supervise the Daily support and service delivery of certain Telecom
services, especially focused on operational support of all telecom equipment, ensuring that sustainment
activities are being delivered appropriately as stated in below:
• Preferably holds a bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering.
• Must be able to supervise and work under pressure.
• Experienced with installation, commissioning, integration, and testing of various vendors (mainly ZTE,
Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei).
• With at least three (3) years related experience in the field of both Radio (RF) and Transmission (MW)
installation, commissioning, configuration, troubleshooting and integration.
• Must have an exceptional knowledge of the various RF technologies (i.e. 2G, 3G and LTE).
• Must have extensive experience in using various telecom test equipment and procedures (i.e. VSWR, ping
• Ensure telecom installation are based on the Clients approved plans and specifications.
• This person will also assist in managing existing subcontractors to ensure that issues are being resolved in
a timely manner.
• The Telecom Implementation supervisor will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of
Telecom material to subcontractor and implementation of projects, as well as monitor, analyse, plan
service within the Telecommunications portfolio of services.
• This person will act as a technical advisor to department managers and will provide reporting of
outsourced contracts and project management.
• Supervise the site delivery from installation till acceptance (example: cellular, radio systems, and
• Responsible for the health and delivery of Telecom equipment material and services.
• Troubleshoot complicated issues with subcontractors and ensure timely restoration of services.
• Analyse network and communication problems related to local wired and wireless systems.
• Provide supervision of site telecom implementation.
• Supervises Telecom services that support business operations and special events.
• Perform troubleshooting of network issues.
• Collaborate with costumer teams in order to deliver overall systems performance.
• Perform any other duties, as may be reasonably requested by Telecom management.
• Fully experienced in radio (RF) and transmission /MW link installation.
• Ensure all TI installation conforms to the Clients installation standard and specifications. Conduct indepth inspection prior to site acceptance (ensure all major punch list or snags are cleared prior to
preliminary site acceptance).
• Ensure all punch list, snags and work deviation which does not conform to the Client’s specification are
rectified within the required and agreed lead times.
• Willing to climb towers (does not have fear-of-heights), preferably with a valid “Climbing Certificate”.
• Must be willing to travel in various provinces and or region.
Send your CV to: email@example.com by 30th January 2023
NB: Selection is on rolling basis, due high volumes of applications, only selected candidates shall be contacted, All applicants’ CVs are kept on file for future opportunities.