The bank recently acquired a tier 1 licence, and it is growing and expanding its operations, leading to new openings, and opportunities for people who wish to grow their careers in Banking. The bank therefore wishes to recruit a competent, hardworking, dependable, and flexible resource, with a clean track record for the role that has fallen vacant.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR STRATEGIC PLANNING ANALYST
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF STRATEGY AND DATA
• Work with management to identify business needs, challenges and opportunities
• Recommend new techniques and technologies to achieve business goals
• Provide support in future business planning
• Evaluate existing business processes and recommend improvements
• Analyse business needs and develop strategies to meet these needs
• Recommend business improvements based on market and competitive trends
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES /KEY DELIVERABLES
• Provide, communicate, and implement strategies to address competition, changes in customer preference, and improvements in technology and marketing tools
• Utilize internal customer information and customer research to understand trends and opportunities
• Leverage on market/customer research, trends, and competitor analysis to drive revenue, increase yield on earning assets, improve market share, and enhance customer loyalty
• Undertake market analysis/modelling, portfolio metric reporting, and operational support related to the Bank’s strategy
• Perform financial analysis and modelling of strategic initiatives
• Responsible for conducting financial planning and analysis of large datasets to assess the performance of existing Bank value propositions
• Provide further insight into the Bank’s overall strategy by identifying critical questions and performing ad-hoc analyses
• Provide operational insights to achieve key performance indicators
• Assist with annual budget process
• Prepare presentations for delivery to specific audiences
• Manage the relationships of the Bank with key strategic partners
• Handle correspondences between the Bank and the regulators in matters relating to the function
• Responsible for OSM budget
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, Quantitative Economics or any other related field
• A recognised accounting certificate such as ACCA, CPA etc.
• Experience is Banking and finance is an added advantage
• Relevant professional training in strategy and planning is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate the insights from findings to management and relevant stakeholders
• Stay intellectually curious with strong creative and imaginative prowess to generate ideas to solve business problems
• Strong critical thinking abilities to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources
• Able to separate relevant information from less vital ones with respect to solving a particular business problem
• Possess the capacity to analyse data objectively, applying logical thought and oering solutions, taking a long-term perspective
• Strong quantitative and financial modelling skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Possess advanced excel skills and be proficient in PowerPoint for presentation purposes
• Able to work with cross-functional teams and have the maturity to interact directly with senior executives across departments, as well as provide leadership to teams on the implementation of strategic initiatives.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION STRICTLY ONLINE:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please send your application to email@example.com addressed to the Ag. Chief HR Officer and put the job you are applying for as the Subject (Strictly).
Applications must reach the address above by Wednesday 16th November, 2022.