Job Title : Senior Claims Officer
Reports to : Manager Claims
Purpose : Oversee insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal and verifiable damage. Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews and investigations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas
Key Functions (Day to Day) Claims
- Processing of Claims
- Proper Checking and approval of documents and correspondence before dispatch to clients
- Appointment of service providers.
- Documentation of claims.
- Recommending/ approval of claims together with other members of the claims committee.
- Coordinating the sale of salvages.
- Following up on payments.
- Following up on third party recoveries.
- Attending court on claim matters when called upon.
- Responding to enquiries by the regulator and attending meeting at their offices when called upon.
- Client/broker visits.
- To handle any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in statistics or actuarial science is desirable.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- At least five and above years of work experience at managerial level.
- Proven experience in inspection and survey.
- Over three years of experience at management level.
- Good verbal and written communication Skills
- Computers skills in Ms. word, Ms. Excel and Ms.Powerpoint.
Job skills and abilities:
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Analytical skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Computer literacy in Ms Word, Ms Excel, Powerpoint and internet usage.
- Good Inter personal skills
- Proven experience with leading Teams.
- All round leadership skills both internal and external stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills.
- Emotional Intelligence.
Qualified candidates should send through their CVs and copies of academic documents electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 18th November, 2022 at 5PM.
We are an equal opportunity organization; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
All vacancies are for NIC General Insurance Ltd.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.