Job Title : Risk Manager
Reports to : Managing Director
Purpose : The Risk Manager will support the Management with the oversight of risk management in the company.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee compliance Management policies and programmes.
- The jobholder will guide the company in establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
- Ensure company policies and procedures comply with rules and regulations as required by the regulators from time to time, best practices industry bench marking.
- The incumbent will plan and monitor company strategies on risk based and profitability models and guide management appropriately.
- Prepare and submit risk reports to management and external bodies (Regulators).
- Assess the business future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Work in liaison with the departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Analyses, monitor risk trends in various portfolio segments in order to maximise profitability and minimize loses.
- Carries out market researches and develop comprehensive risk assessment of the organization.
- Perform any other professional duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (honors) in Finance or Accounting.
- A Professional qualification (ACCA or CPA)
- Risk Management Certification and CIA is an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in Risk in a reputable organization.
- Functional computer knowledge of Information Management packages is an added advantage.
- Self-driven, good analytical skills, good understanding of the insurance industry, innovative, team player.
Qualified candidates should send through their CVs and copies of academic documents electronically by email to email@example.com . Deadline for submission is 17th January, 2023 at 5PM.
We are an equal opportunity organization; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
All vacancies are for NIC General Insurance Ltd.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.