JOB CATEGORY: Programmes
DUTY STATION: Kampala, UG
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SALARY SCALE: Not Specified
DEADLINE: Mar 20, 2023 11:55 PM
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
AGE LIMIT: Not Specified
Cordaid is a member of the international Catholic network Caritas as well as the ecumenical network ACT Alliance and we are active in worldwide civil society networks. We work in 20 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Cordaid Uganda is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic person to fill the position of Project Finance Officer.
Job Summary: The Project Finance Officer is responsible for the financial control of projects and compliance to contractual agreements. He/She is part of the Programmes team and will work in close collaboration with the Finance team.
Reporting: Country Director Cordaid Uganda
Position type: National
Contract type: Fixed term contract – 1 year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
Proposed start of contract: As soon as possible
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project budgets: Develops project budgets in coordination with programme managers for submission to donors. Executes project budgets with respect to donor compliance and the Cordaid internal financial framework. Makes sure that cost recovery is guaranteed and the correct Cordaid tools, data and forms are being used. Supports the cash planning process with the Finance Manager.
Financial project data and reporting: Keeps the implementation of projects in focus and draws up the financial management reports and results. Shares this information with programme managers and Finance Manager in time and takes appropriate action when financial management does not go according to plan. Provides timely updates to management to allow for proper communication with donors.
Financial quality of partners’ reports:Guides and advises partners in such a way that they effectively and efficiently run the financial aspects of the project and meet the reporting requirements.
Compliance knowledge: Supports the Finance Manager to develop, maintain, and deliver training on compliance issues to realise sufficient compliance knowledge, has a positive attitude towards compliance and integrity and improved compliance and integrity behaviour.
Information audits: Supports the organisation in collecting all necessary information and documentation for (project) audits in time. Prepares the project audits and ensures a high quality for accountability material.
Audit related improvements: Ensures that recommendations from in- and external project audits are implemented and disseminated throughout the organisation.
Cost Recovery: Supports to ensure that costs are being recovered, either in the manhour tariffs used by Cordaid, or by charging the activities to donor contracts directly, and by appropriately including them in project budgets.
Integrity: Adheres to the Code of Conduct and integrity policies, reports concern and follows regular integrity training, this is a medium risk position.
Other: Any other duties assigned by the manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences
- Knowledge of Accounting, Bachelor Level or Equivalent. Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA) desirable but not essential
- Experience in accounting in non-government organisations
- Knowledge of project management, planning & control, administrative processes, donor requirements and relevant languages.
- Knowledge of the mission, vision, values, goals, structure, programme strategies, regions, and the strategy of Cordaid.
- Behavioural values and skills: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, flexibility, creativity, innovative, diplomatic, results-oriented, collaboration
- Social skills to realise a positive attitude towards compliance and improvements in compliant behaviour, and to accompany and direct partners with financial management of the organisation and projects.
- Writing skills to develop training material and to define unambiguous internal agreements, and to formulate opinions on the preparation of project budgets and financial reports.
- Self-motivated, proactive and result driven
- Being a person with high integrity
- Ability to work independently but at the same time being a team player
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to learn quickly.
Key Result Areas
- Meet periodic reporting to donors and respecting deadlines.
- Monitor the invoices submitted to donors both locally and internationally
- Provide financial guidance during project implementation to project and Programme managers and to the partners.
- Draw up appropriate project budgets with full cost recovery in the identification phase of projects
- Identify compliance issues and respond to them appropriately
- Collect and share lessons learnt to colleagues and partners
- Excellent audit reports, showing any actions/improvements have been implemented