POSITION: Procurement Assistant
EMPLOYMENT TIME: Full-time
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 80%
REPORTING TO: Procurement Officer
The Procurement Assistant will work under the general supervision of the procurement officer to implement procurement-approved guidelines and procedures, and interventions. H/She will provide administrative support for RTV’s procurement department through inventory monitoring, ordering supplies, data capturing and scheduling deliveries. The work also involves initiating purchase requests and keeping track of the stages through which each order is routed until receipt and payment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement procurement as per approved RTV guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain and regularly update the price list. Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with the Cluster Offices if procurement must be conducted there.
- Weekly data entries of procurement activities for both ongoing and completed in the procurement dashboard template.
- Maintain, keep up to date and share a weekly procurement tracker, showing the current status of the requested items and the date on which, they are expected to be supplied.
- Organize the collection of the required number of quotes for all relevant procurement categories.
- Draft POs according to the procurement guidelines for review by the relevant manager and submit for budget holder approval.
- Follow up on suppliers ensuring that all goods and services from service providers have been made in the required timelines.
- Maintain and keep up to date a hard documentation filing system for procurement files allowing easy reference for audit purposes.
- Comply with all relevant RTV policies and procedures with respect; to the code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Generate any other procurement-related reports upon request (item category/donor/time/budget etc.)
- Manage the accuracy and timely update of the Asset Register.
- In liaison with the IT Officer, ensure that all assets are tagged/labelled and a proper record is kept in the asset tracking system.
- Ensure that all items moving through stores are handled in accordance with RTV policies and procedures and in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper store documentation for all project materials/items, and keep updated stock management documents at all times.
- Support the nominated district Admin support persons to ensure proper housekeeping of the stores.
- Produce a monthly stock report and share it with project and planning, and evaluation teams to facilitate efficient use of items in the store while aiding re-stocking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement / Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Background on handling procurements under Donor funded projects and a level one of Professional qualification (e.g. CIPS, CILT) an added advantage.
- Experience in procurement and logistics in INGO
- Minimum 2 years.Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Data skills, especially in Dashboard reporting
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email System, Internet browsing-
- Highly organized with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems to ensure an auditable trail.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of
To apply, please submit your application by March 7, 2023.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.