IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organization that was founded in 2001 and has since its inception worked in emergency and long-term development settings in over 55 countries. IsraAID’s mission is to support people affected by humanitarian crises by partnering with local communities around the world to provide urgent aid, assist recovery, and reduce the risk of future disasters.
We are seeking to recruit a Procurement and Safety/Security Officer for the Uganda Country Office. The job position is based in Kampala but with 40% of the time spent in the Moyo and other field offices.
Reporting to the Country Director, the position holder is responsible for overall Procurement and supply chain responsibilities in the country office and supporting the field offices, and the implementation of IsraAID’s safety and security systems.
The incumbent will participate in the Country Office’s senior management team meeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement Management Responsibilities
- Implement procurement functions in accordance with IsraAID and donor guidelines while ensuring strict adherence to policy by programme and support functions.
- Engage with programme staff to provide timely delivery of procurement support to programmes
- Process procurement requests in a timely manner while ensuring completeness, accuracy, and regular follow up in collaboration with programme and finance department
- Execute purchasing functions for goods, services and works of the right quality in the right quantities at the right price delivered to the right place at the right time
- Ensure that all procurement orders for goods, works and services are delivered, verified, clearly documented and maintain an up to date procurement tracker
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of
- Procurement transactions for audit purposes both manually and electronically, submit relevant monthly reports in accordance to IsraAID policies and procedures
- Document allocation of assets and ensure that they are tracked, labelled, operated in the most cost efficient manner, and maintained appropriately
- Ensure proper record keeping, storage and issuing of inventory, physical inventory checks, storage conditions, security and facility maintenance
- In coordination with the direct supervisor, conduct periodic stock take and physical inspections to ensure accuracy of inventory counts, identify impairments, and take corrective actions in the case of discrepancies and/or stock deterioration.
- Establish a system to dispose impaired supplies
- Manage and supervise all IsraAID procurement activities including supply chain, asset and fleet management and material planning.
- Coordinate with all projects and departments, and support as necessary their planning and analysis for improved cost efficiency and timely delivery of assets and services.
Security Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for the continued development and implementation of safety and security systems including policies, plans and procedures for IsraAID Uganda, especially ensuring staff adherence to these.
- Ensure adequate security training for staff in order to ensure awareness and promote inclusion, participation, and leadership on safety and security among the entire IsraAID team.
- Analyze the overall security situation, threats and trends, in the existing and potential areas of programming, including through conducting regular and ad hoc security assessment missions to field locations.
- Conduct regular visits to field offices and project sites to support staff and ensure proper Procurement and security procedures and conditions.
- Orient new staff members and contractors on IsraAID’s safety and security policies
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Procurement/Supply chain management or a related field from a recognized University
- Certification in Security Risk Management will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in international non-profit organisation managing security and Procurement/supply chain functions in structurally limited settings.
- Experience working with safety and security in high-risk settings, preferably with an understanding of the NGO perspective on safety and security.
- Knowledge of financial management – particularly budgeting and budgetary controls, and key donors funding conditions to ensure compliance
- Excellent planning and communication and report writing skills, with a high level of proficiency in English
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi- cultural/multinational setting
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a good understanding and experience working with Procurement and security in high-risk areas
- Excellent computer skills
Apply link above