Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant posts in the Ministry of Education and Sports in Directorate of Education Standards Department, Government Secondary Education and Ministry of Education and Sports Headquarters.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission form 3 (1998) to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P. 0. BOx 7196, Kampala not later than 14th December, 2023.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post.
Applicants should attach photocopies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts, National ID plus a recent passport size photograph on each application Form.
Serving Officers should attach copies of letters of appointment and confirmation and recent pay slips. Only Qualifications from recognized institutions will be considered.
Serving officers MUST route their applications through their Heads of Institutions/Departments, who should be advised on the closing date to avoid delays.
Applications that are not properly routed will not be considered.
For all posts, qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that receiving of the application forms will start on 4th December, 2023 and end on 14th December, 2023 from 9:00am to 5:00pm each day excluding weekends at the KCCA City Hall Gardens, Kampala
All Services from the Education Service Commission are Free of Charge.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS HEADQUATERS
DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION STANDARDS
Job Title : Principal Inspector, Teacher Education Standards
Ref : HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 120 (1)
Salary Scale : U2
No. of Vacancies : 01 (One)
Reports to : Assistant Commissioner, Education Standards
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support in implementation of Education and training service delivery;
• Develop quality education indicators to ensure consistence of inspection and reporting as a basis for national education and training targets;
• Monitor and evaluate curriculum implementation use of instructional materials assessment tools and systems and recommend areas of improvement in teaching and training of learners;
• Carry out inspections to ensure adherence to established rules regulations and standards by private schools and institutions in delivering education and training;
• Carry out surveys on national education policies, strategies and programs on the delivery of quality education and training in the country;
• Prepare and submit technical reports in respect of education
standards to the relevant authorities;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Education OR Bachelor’s degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized University/Training Institution.
• A Post Graduate Qualification in Education or Education Management is a must.
• A minimum of six (6) years’ working experience, three (3) of which should have been at the level of Senior officer in the field of education Inspection.
• Registered with the Ministry of Education and Sports.