Provide nursing services in alignment to HIV and COVID 19 epidemic control while documenting the results in the EMRx and MoH /clinic data tools and contribute to CQI activities in line with the organizations vision, mission and core values.
- Perform the required anthropometric measurements and vital observations inclusive of mental and SGBV assessment for all scheduled clients in line with good clinical practice and nursing SOPs.
- Take history, perform a physical nursing examination, make a nursing diagnosis and offer treatment for SRH and minor ailments of clients as well as immunizing clients as per the UNEPI standards.
- Provide initial treatment for clients requiring admission and follow them up on the ward in line with good clinical practice.
- Conduct health education sessions in the waiting areas for clients attending the clinic in line with the Baylor Uganda Nursing SOPs.
- Conduct quality assurance and implement infection control & prevention measures at all times during provision of nursing services according to MOH & Baylor Uganda infection control guidelines
- Conduct infectious disease monitoring to each client presenting related suggestive symptoms as they report to the clinic, identify, attend and provide relevant health education to the isolated clients and there after refer them for high management in line with infectious control measures
- Prepare and submit periodic data driven work plans and evidence- based reports aligned to ‘CQI and gender aspects’ to the supervisor as per Baylor –Uganda Nursing Standard Operating Procedures and BSC.
- Participate in CQI project development and write abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor –Uganda CQI guidelines.
- Provide pandemic disease prevention health education and offer vaccinations including those for COVID 19 and the routine UNEPI vaccines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · A diploma in nursing or midwifery from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- · One-year work experience as a nurse or midwife.
- 1 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org