Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices. JMS is therefore recruiting a qualified and experienced personnel for the following positions to join its dedicated team.
b. DIRECTORATE OF INTERNAL AUDIT RISK & COMPLIANCE
Internal Audit Officer
Duty Station; Kampala
Reports to; Director Internal Audit Risk & Compliance
Main Purpose of the job
Execute all approved audit activities and plans to provide independent and objective assurance on the efficiency and effectiveness of JMS operations in conformity with JMS policies, procedures and guidelines, and relevant laws, regulations and accepted business practices.
Key Performance indicators
• Audit Planning Support
• Special Audit Assignments
• Conduct of Follow-up Audits
• Risk and Compliance Management
• Representation to Quality Management Systems (QMS) team
• Conduct Stock Audits
• Spot Checks on Cash
Key duties and Responsibilities
1) Review the audit manual and other department Manuals, organizational Procedures & Policies to identify established audit areas and schedules
2) Plan and prepare tailored audit programs to suit audit assignment and forward program to DIARC for review.
3) Hold pre-planning meetings for the assignment with team members and entry meetings with auditees and adjust the audit program accordingly.
4) Execute the audits by gathering relevant evidence and work done and uploading it into the audit software (Team Mate Audit software)
5) Prepare draft audit reports and working papers to DIARC for review.
6) Forward audit issues for both Internal and external audits with un closed actions to the respective auditees and receive and review the status of implementation of the audited actions
7) Train staff in QMS procedures and other relevant requirements, in line with QMS annual plans and perform QMS audits.
8) Prepare working papers and audit reports for the audit work performed.
9) Review the accuracy of the figures in the end of year and bi-monthly project stock take results report by re-computing the values and tracing the counted quantities to the physical count sheets
10) Validate and obtain reasons for any variances and follow up on the implementation of any management actions arising
11) Physically count the cash in the presence of the cashier/Accountant and update the cash count sheets and reconcile the physical and expected cash balance
12)Carry out a risk assessment on all operations and procedures of the organization and share assessment results with DIARC.
13)Review procedure for managing risks and opportunities to identify gaps and coordinate risk monitoring by liaising with Risk Champions and the respective Directors.
• Bachelor of Commerce (accounting option) or Auditing, BBA (accounting option), BSc Accounting or any other related field.
• Full Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CISA or CIA.
• Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors
a) IT audit skills
b) Qualification in Enterprise Risk Management
c) Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Finance or Masters qualification in a related field.
• At least three years’ audit experience in a large and busy organization.
• Practical experience in using computerized financial accounting packages and inventory management systems.
• Practical experience in systems audit, and knowledge about best practice standards including IFRS, IPPF, TQM, ISA, ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard are desirable.
General Competencies & Knowledge:
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Industry/Standards – IPPF, IFRSs, ISA, TQM, ISO 31000
• Information Technology proficiency
• Risk management skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Well-developed oral and written reporting skills
• Audit skills
Only qualified candidates who meet all job requirements as indicated on the website are invited to submit their resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) referees including their day time telephone contact and email address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 10th August, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Please forward your applications to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store,
P. O. Box 4501, Kampala.
Email to HRA@jms.co.ug
OR hand deliver your application to Joint Medical Store (JMS), Plot 1828 Gogonya Road, Nsambya’