Job Title: ICT Services Desk Officer
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The ICT Services Desk Officer will be responsible for providing single point of contact for all aspects of ICT Services, support and management of issues logged with ICT Service Desk by managing all calls/emails at 1st Level and escalation as per ICT Services standards and compliance perspectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides the single point of entry for handling ICT customer requests, queries through calls/emails. Categorizes, prioritizes and reassigns requests on the issues tracker; provides first level support and feedback to ensure efficient running of the User administration processes in the bank.
• Ensures incidents logging, manages progress and ensures availability of all diagnostic information. Handles stakeholder feedback in event of a systems high priority incident and coordinates resolutions by ICT Support staff/vendors per SLAs as well as coordination of ICT system issues escalations.
• Responds to and manages user service requests i.e. access requests, change requests and ensure the proper requests management process is followed through.
• Monitors ICT systems uptime and performance through monitoring tools, alerts, dashboards and monitoring screens, maintains accurate log entries of requests with fault details, contact information, resolution details, and follows up information, and advises user of action taken.
• Prepares all relevant Service performance reports, daily, weekly and monthly status reports on ICT service levels for management’s attention.
• Operating in total adherence to all ICT operational process requirements regarding ICT desk services within; Risk, Ethical and Audit Compliance.
• Implementing backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices, managing the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database through planning for backup & recovery of database information, Maintaining archived data as well as restoration of such databases.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering or other numerical biased field, Certification in ITIL or Any other ICT certification is added advantage
• At least one year of technical experience supporting ICT Service desk in medium to large organizations
• Knowledge of Banking systems is added advantage
• Broad knowledge and experience of ICT systems management.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple network problems, install and operate Operating systems and maintain ICT documentation.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
• Good Technology Troubleshooting skills, Planning and Organization & Self-motivated team player with the ability
• Critical Judgement, Decision-Making and Interpersonal Skills
• Inspire Commitment – Actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
• Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter
together with an up to date CV to our email only: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “ICT Services Desk Officer”).
Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th February 2023.