Human Resources COORDINATOR
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
|Annual Salary and Benefits||As per Oxfam’s provisions|
|Internal Job Grade||C2|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Reporting to||Human Resource Business Partner|
|Staff reporting to this post||
|Annual Budget –||As per Oxfam’s provisions|
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
To provide Human Resource Coordinator support and implement the full range of Human Resource services necessary for the effective people management and administration support to the Country Programme. To contribute to ensuring that Human Resource contributes to and is aligned to the Country’s strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintaining an efficient and effective staff database, and set up and maintain a compliant and workable HR filing and record archiving system for the field HR.
- Support the recruitment process for the field locations. This includes placing adverts, facilitating the work of the panel in the short listing and interviewing process; administering the tests; where necessary taking part in the interviews; obtaining results of pre-employment medicals.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are issued with contracts, renewing/revising contracts and ensuring that this is in line with the legal framework for employment in Uganda.
- Monitor dates relating to probationary periods, Performance Management, and end of contracts; balances of Annual leave and sickness absence etc.- for all staff.
- Maintain an efficient and effective HR administrative support services, and set up and maintain an update legally compliant and workable HR filing and record archiving system,
- Responsible for co-ordinating the whole recruitment process for the Uganda Country Programme. This includes placing adverts, dealing with responses and correspondence, facilitating the work of the panel in the short listing and interviewing process; administering the tests; where necessary taking part in the interviews; obtaining results of pre-employment medicals.
- Ensure that all staff have Job Profiles and that these are maintained on a JP database and keep the country organogram up to date.
- Ensure employee medical records are up to date and that arrangements are made for any medical treatment that is required for staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are issued with contracts, renewing/revising contracts and ensuring that this is in line with the legal framework for employment in Uganda. Monitor dates relating to probationary periods, Performance Management, and end of contracts; balances of Annual leave and sickness absence etc. – for all staff.
- Coordinate with the Finance and Operations in the management and maintenance of the staff payroll and all financial related transactions.
- Ensure all front office administrative support services are provided in a quality and timely manner. This includes premises hygiene, employee safety and health.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of general business administration, experience in Human Resource Management will be added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of the concepts of national employment law;
- Able to provide delivery of effective day-to-day HR support services to the field offices
- Experience in an administrative HR role especially in an emergency response environment.
- Good written and verbal communication and advisory skills, accurate, just, analytical.
- Convincing and influencing skills.
Key Behavioural Competencies (based on Oxfam’s Leadership Model
|Decisiveness||We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.|
|Listening||We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.|
|Mutual Accountability||We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.|
|We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.|