JOB CATEGORY: Human Resources
DUTY STATION: Kampala, UG
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SALARY SCALE: Not Specified
DEADLINE: Nov 13, 2022 05:00 PM
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
AGE LIMIT: Not Specified
DOWNLOAD JOB DETAILS
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Human Ressources Analyst for our programs in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator,the Human Resources Analyst will be responsible for gathering, compiling, structuring, and analyzing human resources data to make conclusions that help streamline all organization processes. In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that all team leaders within the organization stay updated on the status of queries, issues, and concerns by collecting relevant information as necessary. The HR Analyst will help management to achieve smoother HR operations through making decisions that are data-driven.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working in collaboration with the HR Manager, compile HR data and metrics from the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs.
• Design and manage employee surveys and exit interviews. Ensure timely communication of the findings to the HR coordinator for follow-up and implementation.
• Support recruiting processes and share data and statistics for trends and patterns that would help the organization reduce staff turnover and manage rotation through proper and informed recruitments. Support in Preparing interview questions and any other key templates.
• Lead the process of creating and updating JDs and SOWs, while collaborating with other team leaders and supervisors.
• Assist in conducting reference checks, salary analysis, making offers, and discussing benefits and compensation with potential candidates.
• Work hand in hand with the HR Assistant and Manage HR files, ensuring all the relevant documents have been verified and saved and these should be audited on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance and proper record keeping.
• Assist in handling conflict, disciplinary action, and termination processes while providing up to date government labor statistics, new employment regulations, and labor laws.
• Conduct research and analysis of trends, best practices, and new developments. Propose improvements to current processes and platforms based on the research outcomes.
• Monitor staff performance management processes and ensure to assess and present results of employee performance reviews to the HR Coordinator with the specific supervisor recommendations for follow-up and action.
• Analyze organization competitor’s practices and make recommendations to management for informed decision making.
• Gather benchmark data about jobs, compensation and benefits
• Prepare reports of data results and present findings to management.
• Map out salary ranges for our open positions
• Calculate retention, turnover and internal mobility rates
• Report on key recruiting metrics like time to fill and hiring costs
• Collect and analyze employees’ answers to internal surveys including job satisfaction surveys
• Identify top reasons why candidates and employees choose to work with our company and recommend areas of improvement for our HR procedures.
Learning and Development
• Assist department heads in the implementation of a Learning and Development journey by managing and training employees’ initiatives and tracking their performance.
• Responsible for uploading and organizing new content in the Learning Management System to meet established criteria including maintaining training calendars.
• Lead the development of annual staff Objectives in collaboration with Team Leaders and supervisors.
• Administer and analyze learning needs and evaluation of learning activities, print, dispatch information, and training materials required for the purpose of workshops and other learning activities.
• Take the lead in the training of existing staff to help in their development and to be abreast with current organization processes, procedures, and policies.
• Recognize and suggest short-term and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics
• Facilitate implementation of new employee training, development, recruiting, and other related initiatives
• Any other duties assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field
• Human resources certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred)
• 3+ years of experience working in the human resources field
• Experience using Human Resources Management Systems
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to create detailed spreadsheets, charts and presentations
• Good research abilities
• Familiarity with HR operations including hiring, payroll and employee benefits
• 2+ years of experience in human resources analytics
• At least one year of experience in labor relations and compliance
• 2+ years of experience improving employee’s experience and performance management through data analysis
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
• Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal