POSITION: Human Resource Officer
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
EMPLOYMENT TIME: Full-time
EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 30%
REPORTING TO: Human Resource Senior Officer
The Human Resource Officer provides key support in all HR functions, including but not limited to talent acquisition and onboarding, cross-department coordination, personnel file management, training and development, staff benefits coordination, staff engagement, administration of the human resource information system, and assisting in the human resource admin activities on a day-to-day basis. The person in this role is an efficient and effective Human Resource professional with strong interpersonal skills, a keen eye for attention to detail, and the ability to create and maintain effective processes and systems to meet the department’s and organization’s objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
Staff Development and Learning 60%
- Liaising with staff and interviewing employees to identify and assess training and development needs.
- Delivering and working with the line manager to support and oversee the training of individuals or groups of employees
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programs or schemes
- Delivery and evaluation of staff learning and development programs and the implementation of an annual corporate training plan.
- Participate in the Development of a comprehensive learning and development manual and charter.
- Prepare reports on training activities and effectiveness.
Recruitment & Onboarding 10%
- Contribute to the overall talent development strategy of the organization, and work collaboratively across functions to identify current and future staffing needs.
- Maintain a recruitment database and develop a strong talent pool to meet the organization’s needs.
- Manage all recruitment activities (job adverts, shortlisting, interviews, recruitment, contracts, and personnel files). Including but not limited to: sourcing applicants through multiple outreach strategies, including online channels and job fairs; creating job descriptions and interview questions; shortlisting the most suitable talent from available candidates; planning and scheduling screening calls, assessments, and interviews.
- Develop and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience.
- Assess candidates’ information, including C.Vs., portfolios, references and required background checks.
- Prepare all relevant documents, forms, and contracts and ensure timely information collection and coordination with relevant departments through the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Facilitate the timely enrollment of new staff into the medical benefits plan and GPA and support issues resolution. Advise employees of eligibility, provide application information, help with form completion, verify submission, and notify employees of approvals.
- Provide orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining document signatures.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes and data and write recruitment reports as required.
HR Data Management 20%
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records of all employees, including orderly archiving.
- Manage personnel files and staff database and ensure they are accurate, up to date and maintained in line with our privacy and security policies.
- Maintain employee database/trackers for employee leave, timesheets, employee performance evaluation and staff training. Ensure that all staff Lists, probationary lists, and supervisory lists are up to date.
- Document and track human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Support the implementation, management and optimization of RTV’s human resource information system (HRIS), ensuring it is accurate and up to date, support staff capacity building and be responsible for issues resolution.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees for HR information, policy guidelines, and issues resolution.
- Support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
- Support staff exit and separation processes and maintain relevant records
- Participate in departmental and cross-departmental meetings and prepare monthly HR Administrative reports.
- Support the organization of staff training with internal or external providers.
- Support Senior HR Officer and HR Manager in ensuring timely and effective internal communications and provide support in staff engagement activities.
- Support implementation of and compliance of HR policies.
- Work with the Line Manager and HR team in the performance reviews process.
- Accomplish the human resources department’s and organization’s mission by completing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge and experience in HR data management processes and systems with the ability to analyze and interpret numerical data and processes.
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods and knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with trends and best practices.
- Demonstrable skills in digital media outreach and HR databases.
- Experience working with an International NGO.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
- Well-organized and process-oriented and with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT skills, including HRIS, MS Office and Google Suite.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or any related discipline.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in human resources.
To apply, please submit your application by March 17, 2023.
Raising The Village is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.