Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Duty Station: Kampala- Uganda
Reporting to : Director of Operations
Purpose of the position
The Human Resources (HR) Manager, Kampala, is responsible for HR management within ZOA Uganda, country wide. The HR Manager will formulate strategy for the HR function focusing on proper implementation of HR procedures in country. S/he enforces compliance with donor regulations as well as ZOA internal policies and procedures.
The HR Manager builds the capacity of all team members across all offices and provides support and advice on HR issues. This includes HR support to staff based in Kampala, West Nile, Karamoja and Acholi.
This is a full-time position based in Kampala with regular field travel expected (30% travel).
Place in organisation
The HR Manager will be employed by ZOA Uganda and is line managed by the ZOA Director of Operations. The HR Manager is in regular contact with the Administrators at Programme level who are focal points for HR at field level.
The HR Manager supervises the HR Coordinator, who is responsible for day to day HR administration, supporting documentation and recruitment administration.
The HR Manager also works directly with Program Managers, Field teams, ZOA international HR teams, ZOA legal advisor and other external stakeholders as relevant to the role. The HR Manager represents ZOA within the INGO Coordination HR Working Group.
Responsibilities and activities
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION AND PLACEMENT
- Coordinate with Hiring Managers to ensure all recruitment requests are complete according to the recruiting policies and procedures of ZOA. Develop a talent pipeline and ensure the integrity of the recruitment process while using CV Selection online system for recruitment.
- Supervise recruitment process of national staff making sure that hiring managers are following all required steps such as advertisement, shortlisting of CVs, interviews, and reference checks.
- Certify ZOA personnel hiring strictly adheres to country labour law and other laws as applicable. That includes payment of appropriate taxes, benefits, security clearance of candidates before hiring etc.
ONBOARDING OF NEW STAFF
- Support the HR Coordinator in ensuring a comprehensive onboarding process by providing new hires with ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service, ZOA ID cards, email, and all relevant documents upon starting their positions. This includes signing of a job descriptions, policies, and procedures especially the HR Manual and Security Manual.
- Overseeing the onboarding programme for new staff entering the organisation, liaising with programme staff and management team to ensure the induction programme is delivered and successful onboarding is completed.
- Collaborate with HQ to organize and help with the onboarding process for international new hires, ensuring that the HR Coordinator processes all work permits and related local conditions of employment in a timely manner.
- Lead the development and implementation of consistent systems of new staff onboarding and service requests between HR and other departments.
OVERSIGHT OF QUALITY HR WITHIN ZOA UGANDA
- Design and implement workforce development strategies and programs that support the achievement of ZOA strategies.
- Leverage stakeholder relationships, relevant data sources and contemporary thinking to identify current and emerging thinking about values, capability and performance, and design appropriate solutions that promote organisational health.
- Advice to Uganda Management Team on strategic level regarding Human Resource Management and support needs within ZOA Uganda.
- Revision of ZOA Uganda HR policies, handbooks, Conditions of Service, Competency Framework and guidance to field staff, in line with ZOA global HR policy, local employment laws and other best practices.
- Delivery of training to other ZOA staff on their HR responsibilities and adherence to policies.
- Oversee the periodic review of ZOA salary scale and participate in regular national salary surveys to ensure that salaries and benefits are competitive within the market.
HR SUPPORT ON DAILY BASIS
- Daily contact and support to all ZOA programmes (through Administrators and Programme Managers) on HR aspects, in coordination with the HR Coordinator to ensure that queries are responded to in a timely way.
- Review and development of ZOA Uganda job descriptions with updated formats and standardised competencies & activities.
- Liaise with program managers to ensure country organisation charts for programs and operations exist and positions are covered within budgets. Make sure that organisation charts are updated on regular basis.
- Organization of staff related compensation and facilities like insurance coverage.
- Ensure offboarding of staff done as per ZOA guidelines including completing exit interviews, issuing certificate of service, ensuring complete handover of staff IDs, medical cards, assets and ensuring full clearance from the respective department heads as required.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Work with line managers to develop a learning and development plan based on PDPs (Personal Development Plan) ensuring that relevant opportunities are identified and budgets available.
- Ensure a learning culture within the organisation including conducting/facilitating internal training and capacity building of staff in various areas including HR Policies and Procedures.
- Proactively suggest learning opportunities utilising internal resources, providing for coaching, and mentoring of staff where possible.
- Support to line managers regarding staff performance monitoring and setting of realistic and useful objectives in line with their roles and overall project objectives.
- Ensure the periodic performance review processes are completed on time and with quality results. Train HR team and supervisors on how to properly conduct and track the evaluation processes.
- Ensure complete documentation of performance objectives, evaluations, appraisals, and personal development plans and share with management for decision making processes.
- Periodically conduct training for staff on managing performance, giving performance feedback and any other areas relevant for effective performance management.
- Oversee and manage any disciplinary action and advising SMT members on compliance with ZOA HR Manual, Conditions of Service and Uganda Employment Act where necessary. Seeking advice from ZOA legal advisers where necessary and handling all terminations accordingly.
- Advise staff (national and international) on disciplinary procedures and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures.
EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION ON HR
- Representing ZOA Uganda in the INGO HR Working group, attending meetings, exchange of information
- Contact point for approved Legal Counsel and Consultants for ZOA Uganda
Any other relevant HR duties to be assigned.
Characteristics of role
The HR Manager will be based in Kampala office. Field visits to project locations will be required on a regular basis (30% travel) to support programme teams on HR, or to address priority HR issues. This will be discussed in advance with the post holder, so that proper planning can be done.
The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Working hours are outlined in the ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service.
The role is offered in scale M2 in the ZOA Uganda Salary Scale 2022 (starting salary is UGX 5,000,000 gross).
Competencies – knowledge and experience
- University degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Masters’ degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or any other relevant field is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working in HR Management in the (I)NGO sector, 2 of which should have been in a supervisory position.
- Strong demonstrable experience of Human Resources planning, recruitment, performance management, design and implementation of progressive HR strategies, systems, policies, procedures, and practices, particularly as they pertain to the NGO sector.
- In depth knowledge of the Ugandan employment labor laws and practices.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict, and risk.
- Excellent skills in developing content for and facilitating training and capacity building for staff
- Experience working with various HR Information Systems, including online applications such as Microsoft Office and SharePoint for cloud-based file storage and file sharing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting
- Member of HRMAU preferred
Competencies – behaviour
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision, and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/)
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and intercultural sensitivity
- Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organized manner, as well as support other people to be organised and plan their work well
- Strong negotiating, influencing and coaching skills
- Culturally, sensitive and respectful.
- Able to bridge differences and bring people together
- High level of personal integrity
- Flexibility, able to cope with changing priorities and urgent requests
- Able to work independently