We are seeking suitable candidates to fill the following position:-
Job Title: Health and Safety Assistant
Reports to: QHSE Officer
Assist and coordinate with the QHSE Officer to promote safety awareness, provide guidance and direction for the operation of the organization’s Safety Management System.
- In charge of implementing all the requirements of Health, Safety and Environment programmes in the company.
- Routinely inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Conduct worker training in areas such as safety laws, regulations and use of safety equipment.
- Compile, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Work closely with the safety committee on issues regarding safety.
- Work together with section supervisors to ensure compliance to safety Standards.
- Investigate safety incidents and develop mitigation and corrective measures.
- Carry out safety, health and environmental audits.
- Develop environmental and social management plans.
- Develop waste management policy and its implementation.
- Develop and implement Safety, Health and environmental management system as per ISO 14001:2015.
- Spearhead sensitization of electrical safety.
- Maintain appropriate fire protection equipment and training.
- Tasked with analysing risk, proposing methodology to mitigate risk, ensuring zero accidents and thefts on site.
- Ensuring project compliance in relation to Health & Safety at all levels.
- Ensure mandatory PPEs are properly and effectively used by all staff while at the work place.
- Carry out Environment Health and Safety Audits.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to safety policies and work instructions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Diploma in science discipline in Environmental science, mechanical, Health, Safety and Environment, Manufacturing or related field.
Minimum three years of working experience in the Health, Safety and Environment, Manufacturing or related field.
Must have attention to detail, problem solving skills, conflict resolution, leadership skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative and good decision-making skills.
Familiar with ISO 14001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. And ISO 45001:2018.