The Alliance of Women Advocating for Change (AWAC) is an umbrella network for grassroot female sex worker led-organizations in Uganda. Established in 2015 by the champions of the female sex worker movement to give visibility; promote meaningful involvement and collective organizing of rural & peri-urban Female Sex Workers (FSWs), especially those operating in hard to reach areas such as slum areas, landing sites, transit routes and boarder areas to strengthen a unified, vibrant, national, and sustainable FSW led movement Uganda.
Job Summary: To be responsible for finance and ensure respect and proper implementation of rules, regulations and procedures at Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for bank book accountancy
• Ensure to use Quick books accounting software in finance department
• Provide support in financial record keeping
• Maintain good relation with external (bank, tax office, legal office, audit firm….)
Monthly invoices (quality checking):
• Ensure all supporting documents (PR, LPO, invoice, delivery/ note, etc.…) are attach with invoice;
• Ensure proper financial code are presents on the payment authorization form
• Check all information (date, name of the supplier, unit cost, total cost, total amount, paid amount in word, etc….) are available on the invoice.
• Ensure good description write in accountancy system Quick books
• Check correct accounting code and budget line are captured in each invoice
• Pre-audit financial document of each project at the end of the project
• Take lead of internal and external audit
• Follow up Tax, NSSF deposit
• Monthly Accountabilities
• Pre-audit for all grants
• Support in preparation of Financial reports
• Support in drafting of Proposal budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, BCOM or a related discipline
• At least two years of previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
• Substantial knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
• Knowledge of financial procedures expected.
• Excellent management skills (implementation of donor rules in finance department).
• Ability to train and follow up teams.
• Autonomous and able to take initiative.
• Able to set own deadlines and meet them.
• Fluent English;
• Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply through the email email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be “Application for Finance officer post”.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.