Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 4 months
Job Posting: Mar 28, 2023, 9:52:07 AM
Closing Date: Apr 12, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Uganda-Kampala
Organization: AF_UGA Uganda
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
The World Health Organization, Uganda Country Office is looking for a qualified and competent Ugandan national to fill the following vacant position:
Purpose of the Position
Within the Country Management Support Unit, to provide direct support to the Country Management Support Unit (CSU) in related administrative finance support and services transactions in GSM to both managers and staff members to perform Global Management System (GSM) transactions in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and policies.
- Job Description
Under the general supervision of the Finance Officer and general guidance of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions.
- Support financial management through:
- Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure cash book records are up-to-date and fully balanced
- Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organization to ensure that are promptly recovered.
- Payment processing.
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices and monitoring all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices, contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and are in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.
- Liaison with payment processing centre for all payments that are due to suppliers.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, respond to enquiries, provide advice and guidance to clients in the Country Office.
- Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g., Direct Financial Corporation (DFC), Direct Implementation (DI), Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and standard operating procedures of organization.
- Management of correspondences and responses to queries on office accounts and financial transactions as required.
- Generation of scheduled and ad hoc Global Management System (GSM) reports and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis.
- Advice and assistance to staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Recruitment Profile
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fosters integration and teamwork
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage
At least 5 years’ experience in Finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Procurement would be an asset. Experience in UN in an administrative position with sound knowledge of rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Use of Language Skills
Languages: English expert level required
Knowledge of another WHO official language an asset.