Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of the youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
As a politically and confessionally Independent organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles and all our work is led by six core values: Accountability, Courage, Respect, Transparency, Commitment and Curiosity. If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Position: Finance Assistant,
Location: Welthungerhilfe Country Office Kampala. Work Conditions: Full Time Position
Objective of the position:
The aims of the position are to support the Finance Department in assigned tasks
Duties and area of responsibility:
Support to Finance Officers / Accountants
– Carry out scanning of financial Accounting Documents / vouchers of various projects as shall be assigned.
– Carry out photocopying of accounting vouchers as shall be assigned by the Finance Team.
– Preparation, documentation and organizing shipment of accounting documentation to HQ.
– Support SIMA (System for internal Monitoring and Assessment) for reviewing of Documents.
– Support Country Office Accountant for preparation of Financial Documents for Payments and Accounting.
Required qualifications and professional experience
• Technical university / College degree (Finance, Accounting, Commerce)
• Fresh Graduates / less than 1 Year experience in Finance
Required Skills & Competencies
• Excellent Organization skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines
• Expressive, Good leaner, Good analytical and reporting skills
• Ability to work under minimum supervision. Flexible and patient and ability to cope with high workload.
• Demonstrate team spirit & high integrity. Able to work in multi-cultured environment
• A good command of both spoken and written English is necessary
How to apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact details including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one page motivation letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than November 20, 2022. Files should be submitted in single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2M8.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail. Kindly note that only shorthsted applicants will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, qualified female candidates and People with Disabilities (PWDs) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job applicant’s privacy notice: All the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties outside of this purpose.