Position Title: FINANCE ASSISTANT – 1 (based in Lira Office)
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC). The activity is aimed at supporting the continuation of technical assistance for the implementation of a district-based, integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services to the beneficiary population in the Nine districts in Lango sub-region including Lira, Oyam, Kole, Apac, Kwania, Alebtong, Otuke, Amolatar and Dokolo. The main goal of the activity is to increase the availability,
accessibility and utilization of quality, integrated HIV and TB services.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible disbursement and settlement of field accountabilities. He will ensure proper custody of financial records scanning as well as documentation retrieval. He or she will ensure timely first level review of the financial transactions source / support documents for accuracy, reliability, reasonability and completeness; all in compliance with internal Policies and specific donor(s) regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in timely processing, reconciliation and liquidation of staff travel advances.
• Print out proof of payments and share with the Beneficiaries
• Preparation of Payment Vouchers for review by the SFO or FM
• Provide first level review of mobile money payments requests and generate the associated output files.
• Update the Cluster team members on payment status of their accountabilities
• Ensure scanning of documentation on to the JCRC server
• Submit mobile money reports/confirmations to activity coordinators and follow through unpaid transactions as well as daily reconciliations of all disbursements for supported activities.
• Maintain and update data base of all mobile money payment schedules
• Provide the first level packaging and reviewing of vendors’ payments requests.
• Support transactions capturing in quick books a may be assigned
• Ensure that all the finance transactions support documents are stamped paid, scanned and sequentially filed.
• Support end month closure activities
• Support reconciliation of monthly reports
• Perform any other work-related duties/tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• The ideal candidate for the Finance Assistant role must hold a relevant bachelor’s degree.
• A CPA part qualification will be an added advantage
• At least Two-year relevant work experience preferably in a busy NGO environment.
• Ability to work with multi-dynamic teams
• Possess sound professional ethics.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Ms Office applications especially word and excel.
• Knowledge of Navision
How to apply: All applications must be addressed to; The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org : The application deadline is Friday, 3rd March 2023 at 05:00 pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.