JOB TITLE: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ASSISTANT, REF: (MIUL/EHS ASS. /20/09/2022)
REPORTING TO THE EHS OFFICER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
1. Draft, implement and maintain policies and guidelines on Environment, Health and Safety.
2. Develop, implement, administer and maintain EHS protocol on use of PPEs and adherence to safety and health related programs.
3. Review and update the corporate EHS management system manual and monitor its implementation
4. Prepare and implement the EHS training plan in coordination with the Human Resource Department.
5. Formulate corporate short term and long term EHS objectives and plans 6. Carry out accident and incident investigations and submit relevant reports.
7. Promote EHS plans, monitor, evaluate and report performance against plan
8. Maintain auditing expertise and ensure execution of monthly / quarterly audit programs
9. Maintain contacts with external parties regarding environment, Health and Safety, including government institutions.
10. Provide advice on Environment, Health and safety to line departments
11. Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times.
12. Follow up Insurance on the management and closure of all incidents and accidents
13. Participant in implementing the corporate EHS strategy and objectives
14. Provide expert advice on EHS matters to management
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Environmental Science and Management or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
At least 2years of relevant working experience in a similar position in a busy manufacturing set up.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Excellent communication skills, report writing skills, a positive attitude, a team player, flexible, results focused, takes initiative, self-driven, needs minimum supervision, creative and sound customer care skills.
Should be familiar with all the tools, concepts and methodologies of system management and various laws, regulations and guidelines used in manufacturing set ups.
Should have the ability to work extra time, should possess excellent people management skills, a team player, objective, decisive and pays attention to detail.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the relevant qualifications and experience should send their application letters, curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; quoting the job reference as the email subject. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment in a PDF format only not exceeding 5MBs.
The Closing date of receiving applications is one week from the date of advertisement i.e. from 20th – 27th September 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. For more information, please visit our website i.e. www.luukaplastics.com