INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT – LVBC/AFDB/IA/01/2022
MULTINATIONAL LAKE VICTORIA MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSPORT PROJECT
Financing Agreement Reference: 2100150036245 (Tanzania), 2100150036246 (Uganda)
Project ID No: P-Z1-GB0-021 (Tanzania), P-Z1-GB0-030 (Uganda)
The Governments of Tanzania and Uganda have received financing from the African Development Bank towards the cost of the Multinational Lake Victoria Maritime Communications and Transport project and intend to apply part of the agreed amount for these loans to payments under the contract for a Driver.
Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) is a specialized Institution of the East African Community (EAC) established by the EAC Partner States through a negotiated Protocol for Sustainable Development of Lake Victoria Basin. The broad mandate of LVBC is to promote, facilitate and coordinate activities of different actors towards sustainable development and Management of natural resources of the Lake Victoria.
The EAC through the Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) Secretariat is coordinating the implementation of the Multinational Lake Victoria Maritime Communications and Transport (MLVMCT) Project. This program is being implemented in Uganda, and Tanzania for a remaining period of two (2) years. The program addresses the maritime transportation and navigation safety intervention area and will contribute to the provision of safe, efficient, cheap, and environmentally friendly transport links, and fishing activities that are essential to achieving the goals of poverty reduction and sustainable development.
Specifically, the project will establish a maritime communications system for safety on Lake Victoria, including the implementation of Maritime Rescue Coordination Centres (MRCCs) and Search and Rescue (SAR) centres on the Lake Victoria.
Title of the Assignment : Driver
Reports to : LVBC’s Principal Administrative Officer
Duration of Contract : 1 year renewal subject to funding
Duty Station : Mwanza, Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Project staff and delegates as required;
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle assigned to him/her;
- Maintain a logbook for the vehicle;
- Responsible for the servicing and general maintenance of the vehicle;
- Report all mechanical faults to the relevant Officer;
- Pick and deliver mail/documents where necessary;
- Perform minor repairs of a preventive nature of vehicles;
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of EAC/LVBC;
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School “O” Level certificate.
- Be in possession of a valid Class A CDL license.
- Have 5 years accident free experience of driving International NGO or UN vehicles.
- Experience in driving in the EAC Partner States.
- Possess a Certificate of Good Conduct from the responsible authorities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of major routes in the EAC region.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Road Traffic Rules in the EAC Partner States.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Chauffer driving
- Ability to drive in the EAC Capital Cities.
- Certificate of competence from a Government Chief Mechanical Engineer from any of the EAC Partner States
The LVBC now invites eligible Individuals to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested individuals must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations” dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested individuals may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 0900 to 1700 hours East African (EA) time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below or emailed PDF document by Friday 8th December 2022 at 1700 hours EA time and mention “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST AS A DRIVER – LVBC/AFDB/IA/01/2022”.
East African Community,
Lake Victoria Basin Commission
Nyanza Regional Headquarters, 13th floor
Owuor Otiende Road, Off Kenyatta Highway
P. O. Box 1510 – 40100, Kisumu, KENYA
Telephone Number: +254 57 2023894/73, 2026344