Coffee Procurement Officer
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
A leading global supplier of green coffee, with a significant specialty and soluble coffee offer, ensures we’re buzzing
with know-how. Our year-round presence in 18 major origins means we can offer the responsible, traceable supply consumers want – and the rare roasts our customers need to differentiate their brands.
Position: Coffee Procurement Officer
Reports to: General Manager Coffee
Location: Kampala, Uganda
• Take charge of the procurement of coffee
• Assess pre-harvest position through visits and updates with partners
• Prepare purchase and allocation plans for each season based on sales forecast, to ensure supply security
• Be commercially minded when negotiating quality differentials and price in order to obtain best deal for the organization and farmers/ suppliers
Skill and Knowledge
• Deep understanding of sustainable supply chains including coffee production at origin
• Experience of coffee trading and knowledge of the global coffee market
• Bachelor’s Degree holder in a relevant field with 3 Years’ experience in the same position
• Price Risk Management
• Experience working with Smallholder producers, organic production, and Fairtrade, at origin
• Passion for coffee,
• Commercially Minded – keen to grow business (sales, market share, profits)
• Ability to deliver innovative, creative solutions
• Comfortable operating in a changing world, without clear structures, policies, and procedures
• Trusted. Demonstrates honesty and integrity
• Skilled at building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships
ofi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.