Job Title: COFFEE EXTENSION OFFICER (1 Position)
Directorate: Development Services Directorate
Department: Extension Department
Reports To: REGIONAL MANAGER
Duty Station: UCDA FIELD OFFICES
Job Summary & Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To coordinate the assigned districts’ coffee activities for increasing coffee production, and productivity
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Implement and supervise coffee nursery development programs, distribution of seed and seedlings; and oversee compliance with distribution procedures, and established standard operating guidelines.
- Implement coffee extension programs, in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Promote new technologies which have been developed by coffee research and disseminate the same to farmers.
- Maintain surveillance on coffee diseases & pests and implement pest and disease control activities,
- Liaise with and ensure effective collaboration with local authorities and other bodies with an interest in matters of coffee development in the respective districts.
- Participate in development of work plans and budgets for the Region.
- Provide technical support in the collection of coffee production and marketing data, and administering of questionnaires on coffee matters in the respective area of operation.
- Monitor the quality of Coffee at the farm and enforcement coffee regulations by periodically checking on farmers.
- Compile monthly reports on coffee activities in the sub region.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualification, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
Bachelor of Science (First Class or Upper Second class) in Agriculture, or Agribusiness Management or Agriculture Extension or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in a crop extension-related discipline in local government, private sector or NGO.
- Valid driving and riding permit.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Flexibility to work upcountry.
- Good communication skills.
- Team Work Skills.
- Interpersonal skills.