The Government of Uganda, through the Climate Change Department in the Ministry of Water and Environment has obtained grant from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a three-year project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Uganda. The UN Environment is the Delivery Partner for the Project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
Position: Administrative Assistant – 1 (One Vacancy)
Reports to: National Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala Head Office
Duration: 2 years contract
* Possess a degree in Business Administration or Business Management;
* Have at least five years of professional experience in Administration within a program, project or relerence structure, experience with the United Nations system will be preferable;
* Experience working with the Government of Uganda is an asset;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Be proactive
* Good Organizational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure, with short lead times;
* Have good computer skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water and Environment, Old Port Bell Road, Luzira P.O Box 20026, Kampala and should be delivered to the Ministry Registry not later than 15th December 2022. For further details, please refer to the website: www.mwe.go.ug