The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda Chapter is a Non-Governmental
Organization established in 1997 to address gender disparities in Education. FAWE Uganda is in the
process of filling the positions below.
2. Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Purpose of Position & Job Summary:
The Accountant will be part of the Finance team. He/she will support the Finance department with; Cash
management, bookkeeping and financial records management, Data Management, Audit Process, process
accounting on all financial matters pertaining to the project. The job holder will also support in internal
control management with the aim of achieving the project set objectives. The roles will be performed in
line with the established FAWE Uganda/Plan Financial Procedures, and the General Accepted Accounting
Procedures (GAAP) and the post holder will ensure confidentiality in and when handling financial matters.
QUALFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES.
A Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting option), Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, or
Business Administration or other related field.
At least level II of Certified Public Accountancy
At least 5 years’ in a similar position/accounting with an international or local NGO.
Advanced knowledge of the Quick Books software is essential.
Skills and Competences:
Strong/good team player.
Demonstrated good customer care skills.
Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
Dynamic, proactive, multi taker, and result-oriented.
Ability to understand organizational programming.
Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty
Excellent interpersonal skills
Key Result Areas
1. Financial implementation of various projects towards ensuing value for money for all expenses in
2. Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
3. Follow up on advances and timely retiring of all accountabilities in the database.
4. Develops schedules, completion of internal control audits and initiates actions necessary to correct
internal control weaknesses.
5. Coordinates and supports organisational internal and external audits.
6. Analyses all financial transactions and preparation of journal entries for accrual, prepayments,
corrections and adjustments.
7. Oversees the book keeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable,
accounts receivable and payroll.
8. Carry out timely monthly bank reconciliations for the projects and ensure timely financial
statements are prepared in accordance with the donor contract agreements.
9. Supports the preparation of annual operating budgets and bi-annual forecasts
10. Any other related duties which will be assigned on day to day operations.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications including curriculum vitae
and copies of relevant documents to;
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
FAWE Uganda Chapter
P.O Box 24117
Hand deliver to their office on Plot 328 Magulu Close in Bukoto, Off Kisaasi Road
E-mail application to email@example.com
Deadline Tuesday 31st January 2023, 4:00pm
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Interested and Qualified Females are encouraged to apply