Our team in Kampala currently has an opening for a Accountant
<<<Please enter description>>>
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose of the job:
Order to Cash finance management and tax compliance; Finance Manager back up.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Manage compliance with tax law in all tax aspects including, corporate tax, transfer pricing, PAYE and indirect taxes.
- Implementation of systems and processes to monitor and mitigate identified taxation risks.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax returns.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Educate non-finance employees on tax risks and mitigation of the same.
2. Accounts Receivable / O2C Support
- Capture all receipts by recording monies received to the correct account and invoices
- Collection of all customer debts and payments by maintaining customer accounts
- Reviewing and maintaining client documentation & credit limits
- Issuing monthly statements
- Supports financial planning by forecasting cash receipts
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from the commercial department and customers
- Handle incoming COD customers
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Liaise and follow up with lawyers
- Maintain debtors inbox and follow up accordingly
- AR Reporting
3. Financial Close
- Support the month-end process, including preparation, financial analysis, and input of financial data.
- Ensure all expenses are accounted properly at period end and accruals are posted
- Review GL accounts and ensure all accruals, provisions and prepayments are accurate
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries
- Prepare and reconcile information for submission of VAT returns
- Investigate month over month variances – follow-up with business functions within the organization on the variances
- Reconcile select GL accounts under your charge by maintaining, reviewing and tracking data
- Analyze logistic, quality and warehouse management GL and cost center reports for discrepancies, misappropriated charges, missing charges and accruals
4. Inventory Support
- Monitor and review inventory losses and support operational decisions to reduce losses
- Support and engage in physical counting process, both cycle counts and at year end
- Ensure the right level of control over the stock management, providing insightful report on destruction and aged stock including route cause analysis and proper recommendation/conclusion.
- Review of key controls in commercial processes – invoicing, debtor management, claims settlement
- Assist / support with statutory audits
- Deputize Finance Manager
- Attend to all ad hoc financial matters
- Assist with any other general accounting duties when required
- Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices in your area of responsibility.
- Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures, Policies & Code of Business Ethics and Procedures at all times.
- Your line manager may give carry out any other reasonable instruction as from time to time.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety procedures and report any incidents to the Health and Safety Representative in your organisation.
Employee agrees to a buddy matrix, if there is absence within a department, the employee agrees to assist with duties, until absent buddy returns.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- A degree in accounting
- Minimum CPA 2 /ACCA certification.
<<<Please enter description>>>
We look forward receiving your application.
Brenntag provides equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees of all backgrounds and identities to create a workplace where difference is valued because it forms a resilient and more innovative organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds.