Applications are invited from suitable and eligible citizens of Uganda to fill the following vacant posts available in the Judiciary Service as specified below. Applicants will be subject to all the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
Applications on Judicial Service Commission Form 1 should be submitted online to the Secretary Judicial Service Commission (JSC), in a single document to application emails provided against each position on offer which should be received not later than 5:00 p.m East African Time of 28th November, 2022.
The Judicial Service Commission Form No. 1 of 2021 can be accessed at www. jsc.go.ug
Applicants should attach on a duly completed Form and in the order provided herewith the following:
(i) a copy of National ID
(ii) a passport size photograph
(iii) an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
(iv) names, contacts and letters of recommendation of two (2) Professional and two (2) Character referees
(v) copies of academic certificates and transcripts certified by the issuing Institution
(vi) a certified copy of the latest and complete Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities from the Inspectorate of Government for applicants in Judiciary Service/Public Service
(vii) An applicants’ self-assessment declaration on competences whose details and format can be accessed at www.jsc.go.ug
- Post : Magistrate Grade 1
Reference : HRM/77/204 /01 Vol.3
Salary Scale : J5S4
Number of Vacancies : 71
Reports to : Chief Registrar through the Chief Magistrate
Application Email : email@example.com
Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Ordinary Level Certificate, Advanced Level Certificate, a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from a recognized University / Institution and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre or a recognized Institution.
Any relevant advanced/post graduate qualification(s), ICT qualification(s) as well as work experience will be an added advantage. A Certificate of Enrolment is a requirement.
Applicants appointed to this position will act for a period of one (1) year before being confirmed in a substantive
capacity upon performance evaluation being conducted.
Where necessary, the Commission will conduct a Competence Test for this position,
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Chief Magistrate in performing the following duties:
1. In charge of the assigned Magistrates Court
2. Supervises subordinate staff at the assigned Magistrate Court
3. Managing funds released to the Court
4. Hearing and disposing of civil and criminal cases
5. Organizing and chairing Stakeholder and staff meetings, if in charge of station
6. Making periodic visits to detention centers within the Magisterial Area
7. Custodian of the Court Seal
8. Managing an Inventory of Judiciary assets — if in charge of station
9. Preparing monthly situational, activity and performance reports to the Chief Magistrate
10. Ensuring proper utilization of the Electronic Court Case Management Information System/CCAS
11. Making monthly returns to the Registry of Magistrates’ Affairs and Data Management
12. Promoting a positive image of the Judiciary by adhering to the Judicial Code of Conduct, core values and zero
tolerance to corruption among Court Staff and self
13. Ensuring the Registry, Archives and Exhibit stores are organized
14. Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
TERMS AND CONDTIONS PERTAINING TO THIS ADVERT:
- APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY FOR ONLY ONE POSITION ON OFFER IN THIS ADVERT. MULTIPLEAPPLICATIONS BY AN APPLICANT SHALL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- ONLY DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED IN THIS ADVERT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED/ENCLOSED.
- AN APPLICANT WHO IS NOT CONTACTED BY THE COMMISSION BY 17TH FEBRUARY, 2023 SHOULDREGARD HIS OR HER APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
- NO APPLICANT OR HIS/HER AGENT SHOULD CONTACT ANY MEMBER, OFFICER OR STAFF OF THE COMMISSION. CANVASSING BY APPLICANTS OR FOR AND ON BEHALF OF APPLICANTS SHALL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS FREE. NO ONE SHOULD PAY MONEY TO ANYONE FOR ANY SERVICE RELATING TO THIS RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- ANY COMPLAINT OR CLARIFICATION REGARDING THIS RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME SHOULD BESENT BY EMAIL TO THE SECRETARY, JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION ON EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION IS A CONSTITUTIONAL COMMISSION ESTABLISHED UNDER CHAPTER 8 OF THE CONSTITUTION, THE JUDICIAL SERVICE ACT AND REGULATIONS MADE THEREUNDER,